Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack

Old 10-17-2010, 10:03 PM

Default Foot Control

Hi, Im going to be playing some quit larger venues in the near future and I'm changing my rig up. I've been using pedals and amp for a long time. Im planning on adding a Eleven Rack.

We are going to start rehearsals soon and we are using a lot of click tracks for different songs. Im using a lot of delays and im using a lot of stuff for wah effects and stuff too. Very U2ish tones.

Since im using click tracks i can preset the delay time so i don't need a tap tempo really but if Im not playing with a click can i program my midi foot controller to have a tap tempo button? Or do i have to use ext. footswitch input. If i have to do that is there a way i can still use the wah?
Old 10-17-2010, 11:23 PM

Location: Current: Ikebukuro, Tokyo, Hails from: San Francisco
Default Re: Foot Control

Assign a button on you MIDI controller to send "MIDI CC 64" to the the 11R. This controls tap tempo.
RME Fireface 800
Eleven Rack
Old 10-17-2010, 11:35 PM

Just keep in mind the delays on 11R emulate analog delays. When you tap a new tempo in and the delay has to chase and lock to your new clock, the analog delay sim will faithfully respond just like you manually adjusted the delay.

The result can sound warrbley or like an "alien sound". It's temporary, but noticeable.

No digital delays on the 11R and no one knows if it will be upgraded to include them.
Old 10-18-2010, 01:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blewis View Post
Just keep in mind the delays on 11R emulate analog delays. When you tap a new tempo in and the delay has to chase and lock to your new clock, the analog delay sim will faithfully respond just like you manually adjusted the delay.

The result can sound warrbley or like an "alien sound". It's temporary, but noticeable.

No digital delays on the 11R and no one knows if it will be upgraded to include them.
I can't remember if there is an "Digital Delay" request on IdeaScale, if there isn't I will start one up.

If the Digi crew worked on just one request, or even added it to the "In Review" category I would feel more confident in voting or adding to the feature requests. As it stand it feels like I'm doing something I shouldn't be doing into the breeze .

Oh well, I suppose Digi know what they are doing.