Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2016, 05:59 AM

Default iLok found just minutes after filing RMA! Irreversible?

Hi there. I wonder if anybody else has had this happen to them. After four years of never letting that piece of plastic out of my sight, I misplaced my iLok, I searched high and low, but as I was moving around a lot with it at the time I figured the worst had happened and I'd somehow lost it for good. I'm about to start a job so had to get cracking with a replacement. Literally minutes after filing the RMA with ilok.com I found the blasted thing! I haven't activated any of the temporary licenses ilok provided me. My iLok still works the same as it ever did, but for how long? Will it just suddenly stop any minute? And is the RMA process completely irreversible as people (and iLok) are suggesting? It's a fairly common, honest mistake to make. Not to mention that I paid $130 to ilok for temporary licenses (which I now don't need) and ZDT (which probably I do). I feel like I've paid for my sins already! Any experience with this or advice would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks,

Dan
Old 08-18-2016, 08:28 AM

Default Re: iLok found just minutes after filing RMA! Irreversible?

We had an ilok in a checked bag ( Airline made us check the bag no room ).
Airline lost bag - got it back 10 days later - needless to say no mercy lost ilok is NOT reversible what so ever....