Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-12-2011, 06:14 PM

Default required software extensions are missing pace

required software extensions are missing pace

That is the error that I've been receiving when opening Logic and Garageband on my 13" Macbook Pro running on Snow Leopard.
This error appeared after I installed the core audio from digidesign, since I didn't felt like installing PT on my small sized Macbook Pro harddrive but I only wanted to get sound through my Mbox 2 mini.

Removing the Core Audio did fixed the issue, but I want to make use of my mbox.

Source:
http://avid.custkb.com/avid/app/self...p?DocId=362883

Can anyone help?

Thanks
Old 05-13-2011, 08:45 AM

Default Re: required software extensions are missing pace

My Macbook also crashed like about 10 times since i've installed the core audio.

Error that I get when it crashes:
http://km.support.apple.com/library/..._KP-001-en.jpg

I'am trying to install the whole package from the original CD (with Pro Tools LE 8) but I'm getting another sickening error!!

http://cl.ly/1a3K1x1a201S3R1o1X27

what the hell guys? how to fix this?
Old 05-13-2011, 09:04 PM

Well, the first one is what's known as a kernel panic, and after one of these it's best to do a little system clean up, especially before moving ahead with an installation. If it happens repeatedly you won't get better without cleaning up the system. Repairing permissions using Disk Utility is commonly done, but you should clean out caches, prefs, etc. as well even though they didn't cause the freeze. I highly recommend the free utility Applejack http://applejack.sourceforge.net/ which runs them all without booting into the system, which it this point is a little hosed. After installing Applejack you invoke it by restarting in Single User Mode, holding down the command and s keys as it's restarting, then follow the prompts in the command line. And then try the install.
Old 05-14-2011, 04:00 AM

Thanks for your reply.

Actually, I've just formatted my drive and re-installed my Snow Leopard. Everything is fine, until I install the Core Audio from the link source I've referenced in my first post.

Whenever I installed PT LE 8 from my CD (which includes the Core Audio) earlier, I never had any issues. That's why I decided to install from the CD again, but then I got that error (which is now my main problem). I can't complete my PT installation, which is becoming a problem right now.
Old 05-14-2011, 03:44 PM

Your link says:

"ONLY For Supported Digidesign Hardware on Mac OS X 10.5 or 10.6 That Do Not Have Pro Tools Installed"

You didn't list your OS version.
http://www.videopark.com
MacPro 6 core 3.33 GHz, OS 10.12.1, 8 GB RAM, PT12.6.1, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, PreSonus DigiMax, MC Control V3.5, dual displays,
Neumann U-47, Tab V76 mic pre, RCA 44BX and 77DX, MacBook Pro 9,1, 2.3 Mhz, i7, CBS Labs Audimax and Volumax.
Ampex 440B half-track and four-track, 351 tube full-track mono, MM-1100 16-track.
Old 05-15-2011, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sytrusze View Post
That is the error that I've been receiving when opening Logic and Garageband on my 13" Macbook Pro running on Snow Leopard.
Snow Leopard is 10.6
Old 05-15-2011, 08:31 AM

Maybe I'am wrong, but if so..can anyone hook me up with the correct link to the core audio for Snow Leopard? Would be much appreciated as I'm using the standard laptop speakers for a week right now and im getting sick the sound to be honest
Old 05-15-2011, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sytrusze View Post
Snow Leopard is 10.6
Correct. But I asked for your VERSION. 10.6.7 is not approved yet, for example. What VERSION are you running?

Core audio is on your install disk.

"Digidesign CoreAudio Drivers can be installed on Mac systems that do not have Pro Tools in- stalled. Use the standalone version of the Digi- design CoreAudio Drivers installer (Install Core Audio.mpkg), which is available on the Pro Tools Installer disc.

You can configure the Digidesign CoreAudio Driver using Digidesign CoreAudio Manager, or from within most third-party CoreAudio-compatible client applications (such as BIAS Peak or Logic Audio). Refer to the manufacturer’s documentation for more information.
Some applications (such as Apple’s iTunes or QuickTime Player), also require that you configure either the Apple Sound Preferences or Apple Audio MIDI Setup to use the Digidesign CoreAudio Driver.
The CoreAudio Manager is configured to auto- hide when first launched. To bring it to the fore- ground, click on its icon in the dock.
The Core Audio Manager is not used by Pro Tools. It is only used by other CoreAudio applications."

http://akmedia.digidesign.com/suppor..._v73_32943.pdf
MacPro 6 core 3.33 GHz, OS 10.12.1, 8 GB RAM, PT12.6.1, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, PreSonus DigiMax, MC Control V3.5, dual displays,
Neumann U-47, Tab V76 mic pre, RCA 44BX and 77DX, MacBook Pro 9,1, 2.3 Mhz, i7, CBS Labs Audimax and Volumax.
Ampex 440B half-track and four-track, 351 tube full-track mono, MM-1100 16-track.
Old 05-16-2011, 03:19 AM

My bad, I do run 10.6.7.

Thanks for your help, but either my CD doesn't seem to have the Core Audio included, or I can't seem to find it.

http://imageshack.us/f/233/screenshot20110516at121.png/
Old 05-16-2011, 07:12 PM

You are right. I don't see it either. What CD are you using?