How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2019

Old 04-30-2019, 10:42 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools 2019 !

Quote:
Originally Posted by arche3 View Post
Sit down at Skywalker Sound scoring stage control room. Pull up chrome tab with groove3. "How to record an orchestra"?
ROFL!
Old 04-30-2019, 11:27 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools 2019.5

Is it May there yet??

Just Kidding
Peace

https://soundcloud.com/charlesmuscat

MacBook Pro Late 2016
Intel I7 Quod Core 2.8 GHZ
16 GB Ram . 256 GB SSD
Catalina 10.15.2

Acer Nitro
Intel I7-6700-HQ
8 GB Ram 256 GB SSD x 2
Win 10 Home 64 bit
Motu 624 AVB , Komplete Audio 6
Pro Tools Native 2020.5 , Sonar Platinum Lifetime
Old 04-30-2019, 11:33 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools 2019.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightrambler View Post
To be fair that thread is probably best avoided.
Word!

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 04-30-2019, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhill View Post
A deal like this isn't about Avid's thinking. It's about Groove 3 approaching Avid with something which is a marketing opportunity for them.

And my thinking is that Avid has given up on the 'entry level' hardware because that arena is best left to the third party manufacturers, who as a group Avid would never be able to keep up with.
Just curious since I have no idea what Avid is up to, but why do you think Avid wouldn't be able to keep up with 'entry level' gear. The technology in entry level gear is very basic. Couple of mic pres, TB2/3, decent converters, sort of like Antelope's Audio Zen tour or UA's Apollo Twin. They could do that with a simplified desktop Omni.

https://soundcloud.com/jason-kalman
Old 04-30-2019, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonkalman View Post
Just curious since I have no idea what Avid is up to, but why do you think Avid wouldn't be able to keep up with 'entry level' gear. The technology in entry level gear is very basic. Couple of mic pres, TB2/3, decent converters, sort of like Antelope's Audio Zen tour or UA's Apollo Twin. They could do that with a simplified desktop Omni.
Avid owned M-Audio (and drove it into the ground before selling it.) That was their attempt.
Low end gear is about high volume sales and manufacturing. That means storage and distribution costs and shipping channels.
That is not something Avid is good at.
Pro Tools Ult 2024.3, HDX 2, MTRX/SPQ, RME BBF Pro + MADIface Pro • S1 x 2, Fire HD10 + Max11, Dock, iPad Air5 • Mac Mini 14,12, 12 core, macOS 13.6.5 • RAM 32GB, SSD 4TB, GPU 19 core • QNAP TVS-872XT 148TB TB3
Old 04-30-2019, 02:37 PM

I took my special reward code over to Groove3 went through the registering bit because I wanted the mastering eBook they had only to find I don't have 3 free credits.... that was 5 minutes ill never get back... and now I'm registered to prolly something ill never use.... unless the free credits thing turns out to be true.

I started a new thread on this perhaps a kind moderator could kill that thread off for me.
2.2GHz 6 core 8 gen Intel Core i7 processor (TB’s to 4.1GHz)
32 Gb of 2400MHz DDR4, 1T SSD, Magic Mouse and Keyboard
Pro Tools 2022.7 -23.# - HEAT applied, RME Fireface UCX II
........and a bowl of M&M's
———————————————————————————
Old 04-30-2019, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BScout View Post
Avid owned M-Audio (and drove it into the ground before selling it.) That was their attempt.
Low end gear is about high volume sales and manufacturing. That means storage and distribution costs and shipping channels.
That is not something Avid is good at.
Agreed, the Avid M-Audio was a piece of junk, but a higher end "entry level" desktop Omni could make sense. I can't see why they wouldn't be able to do that relatively easily. It would open their market to a larger home recording base and could be a good piece of hardware assuming they upgrade the specs to the aforementioned Antelope and UA hardware. They could put it in the $1500 price range. I just can't understand why Avid can't or won't do this. Entry level doesn't have to mean low end crap, it could be relatively high end but tailored down to a desktop size to meet lower I/O and Mic Pre user requirements. I have to imagine UA, Antelope and Apogee are making a killing off their desktop units.

Old 04-30-2019, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrekcor View Post
I took my special reward code over to Groove3 went through the registering bit because I wanted the mastering eBook they had only to find I don't have 3 free credits.... that was 5 minutes ill never get back... and now I'm registered to prolly something ill never use.... unless the free credits thing turns out to be true.

I started a new thread on this perhaps a kind moderator could kill that thread off for me.
It's probably one of those things that it's going to take 3 weeks to roll out to everyone
Old 04-30-2019, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonkalman View Post
Agreed, the Avid M-Audio was a piece of junk, but a higher end "entry level" desktop Omni could make sense. I can't see why they wouldn't be able to do that relatively easily. It would open their market to a larger home recording base and could be a good piece of hardware assuming they upgrade the specs to the aforementioned Antelope and UA hardware. They could put it in the $1500 price range. I just can't understand why Avid can't or won't do this. Entry level doesn't have to mean low end crap, it could be relatively high end but tailored down to a desktop size to meet lower I/O and Mic Pre user requirements. I have to imagine UA, Antelope and Apogee are making a killing off their desktop units.

Last time they did mid tier interfaces was with a rebranded Apogee Quartet.
I don’t know why, cause you got the same interface as when you bought it from apogee.
If it would give broader functionality with pro tools then it would make sense.

If they ever would team up with Universal Audio for an integrated pro tools workflow to use your Apollo / uad plugins like with HDX , I’d be sold immediately.

But I guess that will never happen:)

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
Old 04-30-2019, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertDorn View Post
Last time they did mid tier interfaces was with a rebranded Apogee Quartet.
I don’t know why, cause you got the same interface as when you bought it from apogee.
If it would give broader functionality with pro tools then it would make sense.

If they ever would team up with Universal Audio for an integrated pro tools workflow to use your Apollo / uad plugins like with HDX , I’d be sold immediately.

But I guess that will never happen:)

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
Agreed.
Something needs to change at Avid. I'd start with the top management and work my way down until I got rid of all the people running the company into the ground. I see Avid on the same trajectory as Gibson Guitars under Henry juszkiewicz's leadership. He forced his robot tuners on customers who never asked for them and never bought them. He also force the company to buy worthless electronic companies that ran Gibson into bankruptcy despite strong guitar sales. Luckily with new leadership they are turning things around. Same has to happen at Avid before it is too late. 2019.5 and the next couple of years will be very telling as to where Avid ends up...bankrupt or back on top.