Hi guys I'm running
pt12
Imac 27" late 2013 OSX Yosemite 10.10.5
Processor 3.5 Ghz Intel core i7
Memory 32 gb 1600 MHz ddr3

I'm having a technical issue with midi at the moment
I've recorded a midi part using the mini grand all ok and in key time etc

Then all of a sudden on play back the key has totally changed
When I mess around with the keyboard pitch on the axiom 25 it reverts back to the key

So I've tried to bus and print it the second I do this the key changes again
Old 11-10-2016, 08:44 AM

Default Re: MIDI notes playing back in different key

Quote:
Originally Posted by trev1238 View Post
Hi guys I'm running
pt12

When I mess around with the keyboard pitch on the axiom 25 it reverts back to the key

do you have Realtime properties turned on by chance ?? are your midi note sin the correct place on Piano Roll ??

Macbook Pro july 2014 2.5ghz 16gb ram 512gb SSD - OS11.6.5 - PT 2021.3
Logic Pro X 10.7.4
RME BabyFace Pro
Old 11-10-2016, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Hi guys I'm running
pt12

Three things:
First your pitch bend wheel might not be returning to zero
Second - check the MIDI event list for pitch bend events.
Third get snoize MIDI event monitor and see exactly what messages your keyboard controller is putting out - it may be sending out spurious pitch bend events. It be that it's sending pitch bend messages via aftertouch.

The weird thing is most piano vi's don't respond to pitch bend but Mini Grand does

QAPLA!
Old 11-11-2016, 12:06 AM

hi yes the midi notes are correct on the piano roll and no i do not have real time properties turned on
Old 11-11-2016, 02:39 AM

hi guys thanks for getting back to me this is where I’m at
my display on the axiom 25 m audio is fluctuating on p bend displaying various number values
I’ve been into parameters and checked the standard settings and the keyboard is set to the standard parameters

the midi events list is clear theres no strange bends there or any thing else out of place

installed snoize and i am getting pitch wheel activity messages a large list

I’ve tried taking the mini grand completely off and putting it back over the channel
(not worked)
when the track was running correctly in the right pitch i saved it then closed down protools unplugged the key board
then reopened pt with no keyboard attached and the midi notes were still out of key
Old 11-11-2016, 06:21 AM

Quote:
hi guys thanks for getting back to me this is where I’m at
my display on the axiom 25 m audio is fluctuating on p bend displaying various number values
I’ve been into parameters and checked the standard settings and the keyboard is set to the standard parameters

the midi events list is clear theres no strange bends there or any thing else out of place

installed snoize and i am getting pitch wheel activity messages a large list

I’ve tried taking the mini grand completely off and putting it back over the channel
(not worked)
when the track was running correctly in the right pitch i saved it then closed down protools unplugged the key board
then reopened pt with no keyboard attached and the midi notes were still out of key
I don't care about the piano roll. You say there's no strange pitch bends in the event list but are there any at all? There may well be. Do this: remove your keyboard and start a completely fresh PT session with Mini Grand on an instrument track. Manually enter in some MIDI notes, save the session and go through your regular routine that you do when you record with the controller keyboard attached. See if you still have pitch issues. This will tell you whether PT and Mini Grand is at fault or not.

QAPLA!
Old 11-14-2016, 03:53 AM

Hi there

Ok so I opened a brand session without the axiom25 attached recorded a few bars of midi and the key has stayed the same

I always work from a template so opened my template and again recorded a few bars without problems without the keyboard

It's strange that the session I'm working on still has the off pitch piano mini grand though it was recorded in the correct key
I reopened the mini grand session and the key was off still without the keyboard attached
so I grabbed all the midi in the editor and moved all the notes up a semi tone and saved the session this seems to have fixed the session at least
Old 11-14-2016, 04:03 AM

Quote:
Hi there

Ok so I opened a brand session without the axiom25 attached recorded a few bars of midi and the key has stayed the same

I always work from a template so opened my template and again recorded a few bars without problems without the keyboard

It's strange that the session I'm working on still has the off pitch piano mini grand though it was recorded in the correct key
I reopened the mini grand session and the key was off still without the keyboard attached
so I grabbed all the midi in the editor and moved all the notes up a semi tone and saved the session this seems to have fixed the session at least
Looks like this is pointing a finger at the Axiom for some reason. Again I have to ask - in the session you are working on with the issues - in the MIDI event list - are there any pitch bend messages at all? Something to look into because I'm not sure if PT can do this but is it possible to filter out recording messages like pitch bend? For all the years I've been using PT I've not had to do anything like what I'm asking about.

QAPLA!
Old 11-14-2016, 08:16 PM

In the Timebase and Conductor rulers of the MIDI Editor window (top left corner under the Meter Ruler) there is a ruler that allows for the insertion of key changes. Show the "Key" ruler and be sure you have not inadvertently inserted a key change into the session.
Old 11-16-2016, 01:34 AM

hi thanks for your response a very good point but unfortunately the key ruler has no change in it all the same i have spoken to Maudio in london and they are saying that my axiom 25 has no new drivers and this particular key board is no longer supported with protools i purchased it in 2011 and it has been working fine with this system up until last week
i have reset the key board to factory and now lost the trigger pads no drums there and can't seem to get them back with no drivers available I've decided to get another midi keyboard as everything seems to be pointing at the axiom
Im now waiting for delivery of a Akai 225 a small 25 key board which apparently works well with protools