Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems

Old 05-10-2011, 10:59 AM

Default Digidesign Console freeze/ lockup issue during show.........

Hello All
I am in the middle of a short run in South America at the moment and had my first major console issue experience. Just wondering if anyone has seen anything like this.

This was the third day using the console no prior issues with it,

Soundcheck went fine, no issues.
3 songs into the show, que wedges go silent (running que on main fader) , 5 seconds later profile surfaces resets, but FOH and stage rack is still running and passing audio.
surface goes live and there is an error message on the screen saying the console has experienced a problem and i can either continue anyways are reset the console. I chose to continue anyways because we were in the middle of the show and I did not want to risk loosing the console for good. After hitting continue anyways, console is back to normal with a big red error message in the bottom right hand corner saying "Plug-in racks need Reset"

This happened a total of 3 times over the next 6 songs or so, than the surface reset on last time, when it came back on the VGA LCD screen, was frozen on the last input selected and wouldn't do anything, none of the LED's on the surface were working except for one fader bank. 2 banks of fader over 3 layers were responding and making changes to audio levels, but nothing else was working. Audio cut out a couple times for a split second during the show, but fortunately we made it through without stopping the show.

I was thinking this was just a surface issue, but the plug-in thing made no sense, I am only running 2 Revibe one FX plug-in inserted on a couple channels. No other plug-ins are sitting in the racks on this particular show. I still have 2 mix engines of available dsp.

Lastly I reset the console after the show it came up fine, didn't seem to have any issue, came in today and the console that was supposed to be replaced had not been, so i fired up the console, everything appears to be fine, than out of no where pink noise out of all outputs with the pink noise generator off, screen is freezing up again, and i am missing some output patches that were previously assigned. I have run through the surface self test and everything seems to be working properly on the surface.

Anyone have any ideas what this could be, I have a feeling there are multiple issues going on here. Running firmware version 2.8.5.241
Old 05-10-2011, 11:41 AM
Avid

Default Re: Digidesign Console freeze/ lockup issue during show.........

Hi,

This sounds like a possible hardware issue with the FOH Rack. Can you go to Options>System and run the Digitest utility?

I will contact you shortly via your registered DUC email so we can help you directly.

regards,
-Mike
Old 05-10-2011, 11:42 AM
Avid

Hi,

Sorry for these troubles. This sounds like a hardware issue. Contact the support team at +1 650-731-6111 so they can help troubleshoot.

The white noise issue may or may not be related. There's a v2.8.6 now available which fixes an issue that sounds similar to what you experienced with the white noise.

Version 2.8.6 available here: http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=298439

Sheldon

Last edited by Sheldon Radford; 05-10-2011 at 11:50 AM. Reason: Updated w/ correct phone number
Old 05-10-2011, 12:42 PM

Hi Mike
I got your email, and sent you over my log files, I ran the Digitest and everything passed on all LS Engines.
Old 05-10-2011, 04:11 PM

thanks so much for the help guys, turned out to be an issue with the mix engines, but the show will go on.