Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-09-2014, 12:20 PM

Default Re: Protools 11.2.1 and 11.2.2 unable to detect Eleven Rack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoni View Post
If its not showing in Programs and Features and you do not have an item like this in control panel
Attachment 3173
The driver is not being installed.

Have you tried Right Clicking the Driver installer and choose RUN AS ADMIN?
That doesn't make the driver appear in Programs & Features - but looking through I just came across this message. "Windows has detected that audio enhancements for the following device are causing problems: Speakers (Avid Eleven Rack). Would you like to disable Driver Enhancements for this device?"
Old 12-10-2014, 11:25 AM

That doesn't make the driver appear in Programs & Features - but looking through I just came across this message. "Windows has detected that audio enhancements for the following device are causing problems: Speakers (Avid Eleven Rack). Would you like to disable Driver Enhancements for this device?"

Any thoughts on what that means?
Old 12-10-2014, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewalkindude View Post

Any thoughts on what that means?
Never seen that message. Did you click OK? What happened?

Are you trying to use the Eleven Rack as the sound card for your computer? I would disable that. We need to start fresh.

Go to Device Manager> Sound, video, and game controllers

Do you see AVID ELEVEN RACK listed? If not, the driver is not installed. Go to VIEW>Show Hidden Items and re-check, do you see Avid Eleven Rack anywhere?

Have you tried scf /scannow to check for any bad system files? What about error checking the hard drive?

And you have tried other USB ports? are these USB1, USB2, or USB3 ports?
Are you using a hub or directly into the computer?

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 12-10-2014, 12:09 PM

I just checked View Hidden Items and Eleven rack appears twice. I am going straight into the computer and I believe they are USB3 ports. I'll try another port. Should I uninstall one the Eleven Racks?
Old 12-10-2014, 01:40 PM

Quote:
I just checked View Hidden Items and Eleven rack appears twice. I am going straight into the computer and I believe they are USB3 ports. I'll try another port. Should I uninstall one the Eleven Racks?
Yes you need to get rid of everything and reinstall. I cover the problem with seeing multiple Eleven Racks in this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dl0pFgkRyE and/or this blog post:
http://elevenrackusers.blogspot.com/...-part-1-2.html

However, your main problem is probably that you are using USB3 ports. Try a USB 2 port.

Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 12-10-2014, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Yes you need to get rid of everything and reinstall. I cover the problem with seeing multiple Eleven Racks in this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dl0pFgkRyE and/or this blog post:
http://elevenrackusers.blogspot.com/...-part-1-2.html

However, your main problem is probably that you are using USB3 ports. Try a USB 2 port.
Thanks again for your help. Followed all of those steps, except - when I go to uninstall Eleven Rack driver it doesn't appear in Programs & Features. Followed all the other steps anyway. Still the same problem - when I try to install the drivers (even as an administrator) I get the initial windows telling me that it's installing C++ and then nothing happens. There is no further dialog that occurs - never says anything like "Eleven Rack drivers have successfully installed" or anything like that. The drivers do not show up. When I look at the Eleven Rack in Device Manager it's now called Eleven Rack RT DFU. When I go into its properties there is message - Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39) - Also I changed to a USB 2.0 port.

{Unable to Load Device Driver}
%hs device driver could not be loaded.
Error Status was 0x%x

When I try to update drivers through that window it says the latest drivers are installed, but there are no drivers installed!

Also, Eleven rack Firmware version is 2.0.1, build 0.1.5.7
Old 12-10-2014, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Thanks again for your help. Followed all of those steps, except - when I go to uninstall Eleven Rack driver it doesn't appear in Programs & Features. Followed all the other steps anyway. Still the same problem - when I try to install the drivers (even as an administrator) I get the initial windows telling me that it's installing C++ and then nothing happens. There is no further dialog that occurs - never says anything like "Eleven Rack drivers have successfully installed" or anything like that. The drivers do not show up. When I look at the Eleven Rack in Device Manager it's now called Eleven Rack RT DFU. When I go into its properties there is message - Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39) - Also I changed to a USB 2.0 port.

{Unable to Load Device Driver}
%hs device driver could not be loaded.
Error Status was 0x%x

When I try to update drivers through that window it says the latest drivers are installed, but there are no drivers installed!

Also, Eleven rack Firmware version is 2.0.1, build 0.1.5.7
Do you know how to do a System file check? Administrator Command Prompt scf /scannow

You are on Windows 8.1 right? Have you considered doing a refresh of the PC? There may be something corrupt that is preventing the driver to install.

I don't know what you have on your system so be sure to read up on the procedure first and make sure you have everything you need to authorize programs that will be erased during a refresh.

Other things would be check with the manufacturer website and see if there are any BIOS updates or driver updates, or chipset updates.

Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 12-10-2014, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Do you know how to do a System file check? Administrator Command Prompt scf /scannow

You are on Windows 8.1 right? Have you considered doing a refresh of the PC? There may be something corrupt that is preventing the driver to install.

I don't know what you have on your system so be sure to read up on the procedure first and make sure you have everything you need to authorize programs that will be erased during a refresh.

Other things would be check with the manufacturer website and see if there are any BIOS updates or driver updates, or chipset updates.
Thanks for that. I ran the scan, it says it was unable to repair clusapi.dll. I can't find any information as to how to repair/replace this file manually.

I am trying to avoid the system refresh until it's a matter of last resort for the reason that I'm sure I'll miss some password or other for something
Old 12-10-2014, 09:53 PM
Admin Emeritus

Run a registry repair utility, like the free version of CCleaner
Old 12-11-2014, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Paine View Post
Run a registry repair utility, like the free version of CCleaner
Thanks - just tried that. No change - Eleven Rack shows up in Device Manager but the drivers don't show up in programs & features. At least in Device Manager now it has gone back to saying that the device is working properly - it's just that Pro Tools doesn't want to know it. If I hold down "N" when starting it just goes to the Creative ASIO (I just put my Creative PCI card back in) and there is no option for Eleven Rack. It then loads the Eleven Rack features into Pro Tools but I can't see Eleven Rack in Setup-Hardware or Playback engine.