Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-24-2010, 06:37 AM

Default Re: Best foot controller for use with Eleven Rack?

I'll be housing it in an old (broken) wah pedal. Should get the unit sometime in a week or so and will post pics and instructions for build.

The idea is to have a midi wah controller w/ on/off capabilities (like a real wah pedal) and have a couple of extra jacks on the side for various things (volume, dist on/off, etc.). I'm not going to do a full pedal board, just a couple of choice controls with the idea of the wah controller being the center of it all.

Also, I'm doing it in a way so that the midi out can be run into my FCB1010 and thru to the 11r - so I can use the FCB1010 to control other things.
Old 02-10-2010, 09:48 PM

I am using the Berhinger FCB1010 it works very well. I am upgrading to the UNO chip I ordered it for 11 dollars shipping included.

As it is now it works great it will work even better with the new chip.

I have both expression pedals working fine.

Best Regards

Robert
Old 02-16-2010, 01:14 PM

Default Boss/Roland GT-8

I am attempting to recycle my Boss/Roland GT-8 as just a midi controller with mixed results. I can get it to do everything I need EXECPT I need a reliable tap tempo for that great delay! So, I assigned the CTRL pedal to do that which was easy to figure out however, it is not reliable. Sometimes it will work sometimes it doesn't I used this internally with the GT-8 for years so I know the GT-8 itself is working as far as that CTRL pedal goes... sooooooo... anyone have any ideas? I can't seem to nail it down as to what the variable is... sometimes it works, sometimes no go.
Old 02-16-2010, 01:47 PM

Does the FCB1010 work well with Tap Tempo then?
Where do you get this "UNO" chip from?

I wonder if I would have better success with tap tempo using something through the expression pedal jack? A Boss FS-6?

Thanks in advance. I need to solve this tap tempo issue before this weekend!
Old 02-16-2010, 01:53 PM

I want a compact two pedal foot controller with a few switches. The FCB1010 is an aircraft carrier.
Old 04-03-2010, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertmonroe View Post
I am using the Berhinger FCB1010 it works very well. I am upgrading to the UNO chip I ordered it for 11 dollars shipping included.

As it is now it works great it will work even better with the new chip.

I have both expression pedals working fine.

Best Regards

Robert

Hi, I'm new to this forum and just got the 11r a week ago. I also just got the FCB1010 and started trying to figure it out last night. My dilemma is: I calibrated the pedals via instructions (found on the web) and it says it should read A1 then go to F1. I can't seem to get pedal B to work and when I calibrate mine says A0 then goes to F1. Does this mean pedal B isn't working? They just shipped my UNO chip today so maybe I'll wait for that to work with this thing but I'd like to be able to use the wah pedal right away. Thanks.
Old 04-04-2010, 12:32 AM

There is a french guy, called Fenderfred, which proposes a cheaper version of Axess pedalboard.

These pedalboards are homemade.

http://www.guitariste.com/forums/ped...tq,241602.html

Price : 450€

Built like a tank.

I purchased one and will receive mine very soon.
Old 05-13-2010, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Halley View Post
By the way, you can also set the MidiMate (or the GC Pro) up so that it sends On/Off messages at the same time it sends a patch change. The cool thing about that kind of behavior is that the pedal and the Rack will always be in the same state.

S..
How is this done on the GCP? I'm trying to program mine right now. I have it set up as per your video (4 patches with 8 instant access). On preset 1, my main rhythm tone, the only effect I'm using is the JRC OD.

When I switch from preset 1 to preset 2, and then back to preset 1, I have to hit my instance access button twice to turn it off. The first time I hit it my screen says "Green JRC On" even though it already is on, making the second stomp necessary.

I'm overexplaining this now, but if I could get info on how to correct this that would be fantastic.
Old 05-13-2010, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnsman1 View Post
Does the FCB1010 work well with Tap Tempo then?
Where do you get this "UNO" chip from?

I wonder if I would have better success with tap tempo using something through the expression pedal jack? A Boss FS-6?

Thanks in advance. I need to solve this tap tempo issue before this weekend!
I don't know if I am still on time with my answer, but...;-)
- the FCB does work with Tap Tempo. There are at least two approaches: you can either program the preset change buttons to do the tap tempo by adding CC messages "after" the PC command. So when you hit e.g. pedal 1 for the first time it sends the PC message. When you hit it again it starts tapping. Or you can put the upper or lower row into stomp box mode and put a separate tap tempo function on one of those pedals. You need the UNO chip to do that.
A third option may be to use the "unneccessary" 5th button in the lower row for tap tempo, if you want to use 1-4 for preset changes (since the 11R presets are organized in banks of 4 this seems logical to me). But I haven't tried that yet.
- the UNO chip is available from here
- an external pedal connected to the expression pedal jack would work as well (with or without UNO-equipped FCB).
Old 05-15-2010, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fretburns View Post
How is this done on the GCP? I'm trying to program mine right now. I have it set up as per your video (4 patches with 8 instant access). On preset 1, my main rhythm tone, the only effect I'm using is the JRC OD.

When I switch from preset 1 to preset 2, and then back to preset 1, I have to hit my instance access button twice to turn it off. The first time I hit it my screen says "Green JRC On" even though it already is on, making the second stomp necessary.

I'm overexplaining this now, but if I could get info on how to correct this that would be fantastic.
Anyone??