Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > ICON & C|24

Old 09-04-2010, 09:19 AM

Default Venue C|24 Tutorial

Hey all,

My church is in the process of building a new facility. In the new building, they are installing Front of House (FOH) audio & IMAG equipment that will operate on Venue D Show system. In a separate installation for live radio and tv broadcasting, they are installing a Venue C|24 console that will run on Pro Tools HD 8. The C|24 will operate independent of the FOH setup with the exception that the FOH console and the D Show software must be powered on for the C|24 to work. They each have separate audio inputs.

The console manual is not helpful for learning the basic operation of the C|24, and the 1,000+ page Pro Tools HD 8 manual is designed to take you through the Pro Tools HD software, using it to edit tracks for production. This is something that is not necessary with our current application.

Since our application is for live radio and tv broadcasts, I need some help in how to setup and use the C|24 console. I can do some of the basic steps like setup groups and arm them, but I need help in selecting say a group of 8-10 wireless mikes out of a group of 18, then individually controlling the levels with each mike; selecting a group of 10 orchestra mikes; a group of 4 choir mikes; plus several different instrument mikes, then balancing all of the levels for a good sound.

With the 24 channels on the board, obviously the selected mikes will be in different banks, which involves switching back and forth to adjust levels. What I need is a good tutorial on the C|24 console for basic operation. All I have seen are YouTube tutorials designed to do mixing for recording using Pro Tools HD software, which is exactly what I DON'T need!

Are there any tutorials available that will give me a basic introduction to the Venue C|24 console? Any help will be greatly appreciated. We will be moving into our new facility on Sept. 19th, and I need to be versed on the C|24 before then so that our first live broadcast will run smoothly.

Thanks for your help,
Ed Wood
Old 09-04-2010, 11:17 AM
ACI/ALP Moderator

Default Re: Venue C|24 Tutorial

Perhaps you should consider taking the C|24 course?

Here's the link to the class info:

http://www.avid.com/US/support/train...ksurface-Guide

You can find a local Authorized Training Partner at this link:

http://www.avid.com/US/support/training/find-partner

You can also take the course directly with Avid at an Avid office or at your location.

-Eric
Old 09-06-2010, 01:32 PM

Default Re: Venue C|24 Tutorial

Eric,

Thanks for the reply. In checking the links, there is not a scheduled training school available.

Thanks, though.

Ed Wood