Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-22-2012, 08:52 PM

Default 'Pro Tools has detected the number of periphals has changed..."

HI,

I am having am issue when ever the Sample Rate changes. Pro Tools says : "'Pro Tools has detected the number of periphals has changed, ..." and I have to restart ProTools.

Heard about this issue with Lynx Aurora Interfaces and HD Native cards . I am running an Apogee Symphony with HD Native under 10.1.1.

Apogee does not a=say anything about compatibility problems with HD Native cards.

Not a big deal but after a while it sucks a bit....

Any suggestions??

Thanks

J.
Old 04-17-2012, 04:08 PM

Default Re: 'Pro Tools has detected the number of periphals has changed..."

I am having the same error/problem using a lynx aurora 16 channel with the lt-hd option with pro tools 10 native. it is really inconvenient to have to restart all the time and it also it has booted me out of record mode. I have been in contact with lynx but no fix yet. they sent me a driver update but when I run that it says there is no Aurora found. I thought that Avid would have that fixed in new update but no go. I hope there is a solution quick otherwise buying hd native was a waste.
Old 04-18-2012, 04:53 AM

I hope a link is okay because this one has exactly,the info you folks need.

If this is a problem, please delete the link and let me know I made a foxpaw.

Thank you,

John

Here ya go...

Trash your prefs.

http://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare/...ws-xp-windows/

When you have done this, restart, launch P Tools and go to Setup>Hardware, and you should get the "Number of devices has changed" message.

Hit okay, or whatever the obvious positive response is and your Lynx will show up as a second device (a192) with an I/O matrix to go with it.
Old 04-18-2012, 08:27 PM

Thanks HEADSTACK, that is a great suggestion indeed-one of those "oh yea" why didn't I try that first. anyway, I did and it didn't help my problem. searching other threads like this one leads me to believe that maybe there are no 3rd party interfaces that are truly 100% compatible with HD Native.

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?p...66#post1923366
Old 04-23-2012, 08:26 AM

the other quick fix is to re open protools after you get that message, open or create a 192k sessions, and it should move past that message. Then go to or create whatever session in whatever sample rate you want.

I hope Lynx or Avid fixes this soon
Old 05-01-2012, 09:12 PM

What a bummer Jeff!
I have fantasies that PT will now work with whatever you throw at it
Seems to be working with the Lynx, but I'd like to see Metric Halo, Lavry, Prism etc.

Doc,
I hope they get the bugs out soon as well!

BTW, I tried the 192 session and still got the disparate sample rate message but all seems well now.

What cracks me up, is when I reset the Omni and do all the I/O default states, I have no audio outs (console is vacant at the outs) and the ins are pretty goofy as well.

You'd think default might give you outs to stereo LR and your line/pre ins so you would be ready to record from the get go! *shrug*
Old 06-14-2012, 01:50 AM

I was having the same Problem with My Symphony IO.

Since I've updated to LION and PTHD 10.2, this problem has gone away (I came from 10.6.8 and PT10.1).

I admit I did a completely FRESH install of everything, OSX, Plug-ins etc, was a bit of a drag but I wanted to get rid of any conflicts and download all the latest versions of my plugs, and there are new apogee drivers now also.

What OS and PT version are you on?
Old 06-20-2012, 07:28 PM

I changed also to 10.2. and The Firmware update of Apogee to 4.2. It solved the message problem, but now I have random shutdowns of the analog outputs with bad distortions. Totally random. Apogee Tech Support was a disaster, after 6 emails I gave up on them.
Downgraded my Apogee to 4.1 even ....
So, I will try now update Lion to 10.7.4 from 10.7.3 and see, than going back to 4.2. firmware on Symphony.
Old 07-03-2012, 06:33 PM

I tried changing over to a 32 bit kernal and that seems to have solved this issue for me.

open terminal and type this:

sudo systemsetup -setkernelbootarchitecture i386

then your password and reboot. This seems to be an issue with avids driver (maybe plus 3rd party interfaces), running natively with 64bit kernal is fine here. Only downside is native performance is a little bit less (like ~2%). I'm running a 3930k @ 4.4 and can still hit 760 d-verbs so I'm not too worried about it.

Good luck.