Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2005, 11:00 AM

Default Re: The Tea Room..!!

Penguin man..
Yes into Safe mode. Yesterday ! Today >> system32\config file is missing or corrupted.
No system restore or repair works. I had RAM issues last time ( about a month ago ) now..I'm guessing it's the C: drive. I've built many PCs in my life and have many still running today.
I've never , ever had a hard drive failure ! So..maybe this is the one ?
I'm tired and frustrated of trouble shooting this fairly new ( 18 months old ) computer.
So..A8v deluxe/Athlon64 3700/ new RAM, New SATA drive.
My current dead box is :
-Antec black quite case w/350w pwr supply
-Asus A7V600 motherboard
-AMD 3000XP
-2X 512Mb Kingston Cas2.5 RAM/DDR 400
-Radeon 9200SE/128Mb
-Adaptec Fireconnect/IE1394/3port
-HD1;Maxtor 80Gb SATA;system
-HD2;WD 80Gb/8Mb ; IDE
-HD3;external USB2/IE1394/NTFS
-HD4;external IE1394/HFS+
-standard floppy/Plextor Premium CDRW
-Pioneer 107 DVD-R
Hmm,
AFA PT LE 7 goes.."time to upgrade " ??? just did !
bless,

W7 pro 64_i7 3930K_16GB_ Nuendo 6.5.4-7.1.3 / PT 12.4 ------Mac Mini OSX Lion_PT 10.xx
Allen&Heath GS R-24M_ full rack of vintage analog boxes _UAD2_Nugen_iZotope_Melda_Waves_Plugin Alliance_DMG and more
2.0 and 5.1 monitoring
Old 09-16-2005, 11:45 AM

Hmm... as I have learned in german: nicht so gut! you just putting in a new board, processor, ram, and drive into the old box setup then? if it is the old drive, you could always pawn the old board and processor to help pay for the upgrades man... btw.. check your e-mail, If you are looking for some computer stuff, I sent you a link. goodluck man
Old 09-16-2005, 12:36 PM

That box is cool man ! I'm keeping it. Yes thanx for the email tip...
Parts are dime a dozen, locally too...
OK, so my younger boy and girlfriend just left for vacation..Flying to Miami, then on a cruise
through the Caribbean islands for 10 days. That means, I am dog sitting Charlie, a chocolate Lab..
Fun ?? Kind of...

later,

W7 pro 64_i7 3930K_16GB_ Nuendo 6.5.4-7.1.3 / PT 12.4 ------Mac Mini OSX Lion_PT 10.xx
Allen&Heath GS R-24M_ full rack of vintage analog boxes _UAD2_Nugen_iZotope_Melda_Waves_Plugin Alliance_DMG and more
2.0 and 5.1 monitoring
Old 09-16-2005, 12:39 PM

OH..and just sent an email off to Digi's Customer Service, begging for a free PT 7 upgrade. For home at least. We have the HD Accel @ 6.4 still in the studio, so that will take some $$ if my partner agrees.
It's also raining here.
have a good day...

2.0 and 5.1 monitoring
Old 09-16-2005, 01:32 PM

Hey man, np about the e-mail tip. so you have the whole house to yourself with the kids gone eh? the trip sounds cool though. Hopefully no more hurricanes while they are down that way.. Dogs name is Charlie eh? lets see... in the past few days... my name has been refferenced to penguin, swine, and a dog... I am on a roll here...

btw.. who knows.. maybe the 7.0 upgrade has the cure for the entire box man.. maybe it was some bug in the 6.9 that just wasn't jiving... that would be cool to upgrade the studio if he agrees though.. tis also raining down this way.. if you go to weather.com I think the entire north east is covered with one giant rain cloud right now... thankfully I got my car fixed this morning so I can drive a proper vehicle with windshield wipers that work..
Old 09-16-2005, 02:05 PM

New place treatin you well then Charlie?

I myself have just moved as well, lugged all my gear with me, to realize that i'll need a voltage adaptor that'll put me back a little sum of cash. DOH!

Lots of projects rolling in and out for me, I was actually invited to work on a project for a friends band where they were recording in Iceland of all places, so that was a truly amazing few weeks. I was really impressed by the music scene there, and that was definitely the highlight of the past year for me.

What about you? Keeping steady?

Lemix? Karel Bata? Wheres Graveleye at these days?

evan
Old 09-16-2005, 03:14 PM

Evan: yep, new place is stable so far man. thanks ouch about the voltage adaptor.. those can put ones pocket empty in a timely fashion... hehe Iceland sounds great man! What type of bands do they have going over there? For some reason I think of Metal acts when I think of Iceland.. hehe

Keeping busy on this end Thanks. Lemix, Yoko, Danji, Stiff, Def Lime, and myself are working on a new collab so far.. and otherwise, I am working on a new project called One Mile Away which is a country/alt/rock type thing at the moment. My other band is taking some down time at the moment.. This one will keep me tied up for the rest of the year though atleast around freelancing here and there with stuff.

btw... Karel comes in on rare occasion now days (yesterday he visited the Tea Room and chatted with us for the first time in like 4 or 5 months), and haven't seen Kevin around in ages...

btw guys, got some pics up of the new project room setup in my home at: www.charlienaebeck.com/studiopics if anyone cares to check out the new digs.. nothing special, but it is cozy.. hehe
Old 09-16-2005, 04:24 PM

Got a very quick response back from Digi CS.
Sorry, no free lunch.
OK, got to go ..Charlie is bringing me the ball, looking cute and licking my foot.
Man...
cheers,

2.0 and 5.1 monitoring
Old 09-16-2005, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Got a very quick response back from Digi CS.
Sorry, no free lunch.
OK, got to go ..Charlie is bringing me the ball, looking cute and licking my foot.
Man...
cheers,

man.. that sucks about the 7.0... for a min. I thought you were reffering to me and the foot licking and I was gonna be like DUDE, no way, but then I remembered you're babysitting the dog... anywho...
Old 09-16-2005, 04:45 PM

Andrew...you know I think you are awesome... but i hope that the Yankees kick your Toronto Blue Jays butts all over the field tonight...!!!

I live in the Northeast about 45 minutes from NYC... the home of the greatest baseball team in history....btw... sorry to hear about your PTLE woes. Hope things work out for you dude. Sitting here drinking Red with my wife enjoying a Friday night off from gigging... the 1st friday night I've had off in a long time....!!! What ever happenened to that 2nd bass track?

Best,

kenny