Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 04-21-2005, 05:50 AM

Default CRAZY RECORDING PROBLEM

Whats up everybody?! Need your help!
Me and a friend bought a studio microphone Phantom C and the MBox with ProTools LE. We have a windows computer with xp professional, over 1GB sdr ram and over 20GB from 40GB space left...So I think everything is OK for recording something! So we put all cables correctly (100% sure we tested over 5 hours) and opened ProTools, began to recording (correctly! we read a thousand times every manual we could get, the forum here too) the recording begins everythings alright but no sound! no waves! nothing happens! just when we put the cables in and out theres a little noise but not what we want to record.....You know the problem?! I didnt saw it up in here I hope someone can help us! I dont think it is something with the computer it should be something with the mic or the mbox but I dont know exactly what! everythings new, the cable were correct and we also tested the mbox and the cables with our old micrphone but the same failure again...we dont know what to do! its important we have to record something but we cant! with the old or the new mic....It aint something with the harddisk or something I think...The computer aint the newest but we also could record something with our old equpiement (but with logic and cubase)...Please help us anyway asap!!! Thanks in advance
PEACE
Old 04-21-2005, 07:19 AM

Default Re: CRAZY RECORDING PROBLEM

Regardless of the amount of RAM and available harddrive space you have, there's a whole host of other things that must be correct with your computer to effectively use Pro Tools.
Please post system specs, and I'm sure folks will rush to your aid.
Old 04-21-2005, 02:49 PM

Do you need to phantom power your mic? From your description I'd guess you do. Don't have an MBox but I'm guessing there's a phantom power switch somewhere ...
Old 04-21-2005, 02:52 PM

also, make sure your inputs and outputs are set correctly inside of protools.
evan
Old 04-21-2005, 03:47 PM

20 of 40 GB left? Is that on the drive where PT is installed or on a separate audio drive? Assume that you'll need a separate drive to record audio files and sessions.

In the I/O window, try defaulting. This killed me for hours on my initial attempts.