Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-2015, 10:49 AM

Default Can't Log In to Application Manager

Hi I can't log into the application manager, it is stuck on "getting subscription data" under the "account" tab. This came up automatically/ by default so I don't know how to do this manually. It says "login" and "update" under the Apps tab, but these send back to "Account" Does anyone know why this is stuck like this? Thanks
Old 08-21-2016, 07:46 AM

Default Re: Can't Log In to Application Manager

You might also want to check that Application Manager is not eating up storage on your hard drive. Go to Users/Username/AppData/Local/Temp. A significant number of people are finding that when AppManager does this it is dumping a 45MB file into this drive every minute while it is trying to reach its servers. I saw this same problem and it filled up over 800GB of my hard drive (Yes that was 800 GB!!!) with some Java files in the folder I mentioned. I don't know if it does this in everycase, but you may wish to check. A typical version of the file folders go by the name "AppMan_jetty-TEMP-old1898132648" . I have literally thousands of folders like this appearing when my App Manager could not log in.
Old 08-21-2016, 07:49 AM

I should have pointed out that this is on a Windows 10 computer. Don't know if it applies to Macs.
Old 08-21-2016, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh523 View Post
Hi I can't log into the application manager, it is stuck on "getting subscription data" under the "account" tab. This came up automatically/ by default so I don't know how to do this manually. It says "login" and "update" under the Apps tab, but these send back to "Account" Does anyone know why this is stuck like this? Thanks
I don't know why you are wasting any time with Application Manager. Many other folks here already have worked out Application Manager is a piece of crap and just uninstall it. You don't actually need it for anything. All it is really good at is causing problems.