Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 07-09-2016, 12:33 PM

Default Pro tools 12.5.2 to work with digi 002

Trying not to sound like a whiner (but). I had a fall last year and now a quadriplegic. I can type with my thumb and operate a mouse with 2 hands. Used to play five instrument, no longer the situation. I have gotten pretty good with virtual instruments but my PT 8.04 would not hang with the load. I do not work any longer so I live on disability hens my problem about not buying a new audio interface. I was able to buy the LE to PT 12 cross grade using my digi 002. I downloaded the 002 and 003 drivers as recommended but when I powered on and started PT it would not accept the audio engine. I searched on line and found that I had to trash the preference file. So I did. The system booted up. OK now I'm happy. That happiness did not last. I began the midi setup process. After a long time I was able to get sound and recognition of my korg N364 (no usb) in a midi track but was unable to access an instrument track. I finally opened an a midi track sent it to an aux track which I opened Xpand2 and was able to assign sounds. I felt I could live with that. The next time I opened PT it would not allow the audio engine again. So here I go again, deleting the preferences file again empty trash and reboot. PT opens again. Now I have to start the midi process all over again (whew!). Really I did this many times, lost count. Are you getting tired yet? I am. So I get back on line and start searching again for help. I try loading the drivers for digi 002 PT 9.08 got worst. Does anybody out there no how to accomplish this task. My physical limitations leave me in a situation that recording and working with PT's is one of the few things I can do. Thank you for your help.
Old 07-09-2016, 06:30 PM

Default Re: Pro tools 12.5.2 to work with digi 002

I know that the digi 002 is not being supported. This may keep someone from putting that info on the forum. If you know how to do this you can email me directly. [email protected]

Thanks!
Old 07-09-2016, 07:32 PM

Finally got midi and instruments configured and working. All on my own.
Now to get the audio recording. Wish me luck!
Old 07-09-2016, 11:41 PM

Audio problem was HUGE! I plugged in the wrong cord. OOOPS! Still have to open midi track and route it to an instrument track to make the instrument track work. To use the korg sounds I set the midi track send to an aux track. Every time I save a session and open another it says not communicating with the m-audio keyboard but it is. I'll live. Until I tomorrow and it doesn't work. WAIT......... did I solve all my own problems? Maybe someone can tell me why my instrument tracks can't just be set to no input and 1-2 out and still get sound.
Old 07-10-2016, 01:12 AM

I'm so embarrassed. I get on here and type my thumb off begging for help and then I go and fix all of my problems. The midi routing problem was solved by moving my session to a hard drive that was not connected with a usb cord. That may help someone else. I have friend with pro tools that I help from time to time and I tell them that it is usually user error. Now lets go make music!.......... not frustration.
Old 07-10-2016, 11:18 AM

The midi routing problem was from opening a pt 8.04 session. When I open a new session on the correct hard drive everything works perfect. I also had to disable the application manager. So yes you can run PT 12.5.2 on a digi 002, on windows 7 professional.
Old 07-21-2016, 05:34 AM

Okay! FINALLY! I have found and fixed all of the problems. It really was one problem. The firewire that was built in to my computer was not getting a steady signal. I did a search and found a list of approved firewire cards for the digi 002. Went on ebay and 3 days and $14.00 later the initialization issues were gone for good. i didn't have to disable my account manager or anything special. I do have asio4all audio driver installed but I'm not sure I even need it, but if It's not broke, you know the rest.
Old 07-22-2016, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melody Man View Post
Okay! FINALLY! I have found and fixed all of the problems. It really was one problem. The firewire that was built in to my computer was not getting a steady signal. I did a search and found a list of approved firewire cards for the digi 002. Went on ebay and 3 days and $14.00 later the initialization issues were gone for good. i didn't have to disable my account manager or anything special. I do have asio4all audio driver installed but I'm not sure I even need it, but if It's not broke, you know the rest.
Indeed^, ASIO4ALL is only a last-resort driver. If things are working without it, I would probably uninstall it, BUT FIRST**** since you have a working setup(and kudos for making it work!!) its time to save a drive image. Macrium Reflect is a free option to do this(and imaging a good-working system drive is the best protection you have against ripping your hair out in the future). I recommend getting a name-brand USB drive(USB3 if your computer has those blue ports) and using this drive for nothing else but backups. Keep a folder of drive images and another folder of copies of all your sessions(nothing worse than a drive crash if you don't have backups). Re the system drive images, saving an image while things are working well gives you an easy way to recover form anything that trashes your computer(like a drive crash, virus attack, some new software that messes up everything, some new update that resets stuff, etc). Really glad you are able to make this work as music is great therapy

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 09-21-2016, 02:51 AM

SOOOO, lemme get this straight. Can my DIGI 002 actually work with ProTools TWELVE on OS X?!
Didn't I read somewhere, sometime back around Version 10 or 11, that the DIGI 002 was dumped?

Please say it can work? *fingers crossed*
PT 2018; Nuendo 8.?; Studio One 3; former Sonar and Sequoia user .... GENELEC 1031A, AVANTONE MIX CUBES (Active); Sibelius 7.0; Dorico; Mac Mini 2.6 GHz Core i7, OS X 10.12.2 Sierra; 16GB RAM; 480 GB System SSD; 1 TB 7200 rpm Audio; 3 TB samples; Roland A-800 Pro controller; GOOD BYE PEE SEA!!
Old 09-21-2016, 04:25 AM

The 002 isn't officially supported, but as long as there are drivers for your OS, it will probably work.

Joel

Home:
Asus B450 Pro4 / Ryzen 5 2600 / 32GB RAM / Win 11 Pro
Pro Tools HD / Focusrite 18i20 + M-Audio ProFire 2626

Rig:
Eleven Rack / ART SLA1 / Two 2x10 Passive Monitors / FCB1010 w/ EurekaPROM