Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-02-2009, 05:09 PM

Default crashing session

heres link to the crash report and the session.

been happening all day. . .constantly trashing prefs, databases, and the works...

Session, Crash report and System config

the os is set up per digi. plug ins updated. . predator is the only one suspect that is loaded, but not in use in the session, but was also loaded for the last few weeks and although I usually crash once a day or so this has been happening all day...

I will import session data and see. . I have trashed and will continue to trash prefs, databases, i will remove predator from the plug ins folder..

Just thought maybe someone there might want to see it as you bug fix.

if you need anything else let me know.
Old 05-04-2009, 09:10 AM
Avid

Default Re: crashing session

Can you provide more information about your system configuration, such as number and types of drives used, attached peripherals, etc? A plug-in version list would also be helpful.

Have you tested this from a new admin account yet? If not, can you please do so and let us know the results? Is this the only session that's crashing or do multiple sessions crash?
Old 05-04-2009, 09:58 AM

Default Re: crashing session

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
Can you provide more information about your system configuration, such as number and types of drives used, attached peripherals, etc? A plug-in version list would also be helpful.

Have you tested this from a new admin account yet? If not, can you please do so and let us know the results? Is this the only session that's crashing or do multiple sessions crash?

as I mentioned the complete system configuration and crash log is apart of the downloadable zip file with the session file as well... it shows the glyph 500 gig drive (sample library) hooked up via FW800.

I just uploaded the plug in version list.

no other session crashed this much. . .but the other sessions I have going at the moment have no VI's running as they have all been printed.

Once I removed structure, transfuser, xpand from the session all is well again...

http://www.shiftedmusic.com/digi/SM_...ion%20List.txt

I have not tried a new user account as no other session exert this behavior. and I would rather not ruin my freshly installed, updated and more os.

As I said before the session file, system config, and crash report are available from the link in the FIRST post and the plug in version list is available from the link right above here.

My recently installed os 10.5.6 is on a 70 gig partition (i used the combo updater). All pref and optimazation settings are per the set up guide, airport is on and off (crashed either way) spotlight has been completely disables so has dashboard both via terminal commands.

most recently 2 days ago I installed the complete production toolkit (latest download from digi) repaired permissions, disk warrior, then de frag, then carbon copy cloner. . . again.

used pt for 3 days non stop (about 12 hours a day) with only a few hangs or assertion errors and the usuall trashing resolves.

then this issue with using structure and trasnfuzer and xpand.. transfuser had one drum track and one midi file on the timeline playing it. Structure had one or two midi files with one note playing one inst loaded, so these were not particularly large sessions. . not many plug ins instantiated either as I was creating.

I was one of the people chosen to create the stock ontent with transfuzer and I know the crashing issues that were and were not cleaned up before its release and obviously some still have not been. I have also been in contact with wolfram at air at length about structure, - various issues. . and Have sent him several different inst with problems and several sessions with problems...

I posted on the LE forum since the rig I was working on is currently and LE rig...

I have installed 4 PT systems from the ground up and read extensively on your documentation on how to do it (new hard drives, combo updaters, plug in compatability list research and download every plug in as if I never used pro tools before to make sure its the latest versions...)

the links have the info you should need. . once you read them and look at the session I can answer any other questions you need.