Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Win)

Old 10-17-2003, 06:46 PM

Default Quickest way to get from dual mono to interleaved

I'm using a XP 002 system to mix down from a Mac HD3 system through an analog summing chain. I often use the network in my studio to move files back to the Mac and open the PT files in Peak and then save them as 44.1 interleaved so I can make a quick CD. My PC has a built in burner and it occurred to me that I could get a quick reference cd this faster if I could do just keep in the PC. Bouncing to disk in PT is effective, but not fast. Any reasonably priced programs for a PC I could get. Since I already have Peak for OS X, I don't want to buy another program in that league. Easy CD Creator (which came on the PC) requires interleaved files and it appears the Nero does too. Is there some type of inexpensive waveform editor that will do this faster than bounce to disk?

Neale Eckstein
Fox Run Recording
Old 10-18-2003, 12:29 AM

Default Re: Quickest way to get from dual mono to interleaved

I use Vegas (Sonic Foundry, now Sony). Great program. I think any of the 'lite' versions of their programs will do this (Sound Forge or Sound Forge LE, Vegas Video LE, Acid or one of the cheap Acid packs like Acid Techno or Acid Rock,..... I think even Super Duper Music Looper, a great program for kids [but it requires you to have the CD in a drive]).
Old 10-18-2003, 05:54 PM

Can't you just export a interleaved file from the audio bin? That's the fastest way and you don't need another program to do it.
Custom Build CPU, HDX 1, Omni, 192 I/O Digital
S6 M10 24 fader
Satellite Mac Pro, HDNative, 192 I/0
Black Magic HD Extreme
Old 10-18-2003, 10:40 PM

Exporting only works for existing files, you can't mix or add effects, etc. So you would have to first bounce to disk anyway, at which point you can just bounce to disk as the desired interleaved file; but that's the slow real time process referred to as the problem. Thus, as I understand it, export won't help.