Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 01-09-2001, 01:35 PM

Default Tools for composing Rhythm & Effects --- Do I get a workstation?

Hi, sorry for the lame question, but I'm a guitar player and singer, and I've got the digi 001. I want to record all rhythm/synth effects electronically for my music, and I'm wondering what are some good quality ideas? I'm not a keyboard player, but is a workstation then out of the question? What other alternatives are good for composition of rhythm/effects?

Thanks

Shan Plourde
Old 01-10-2001, 06:47 PM

Default Re: Tools for composing Rhythm & Effects --- Do I get a workstation?

An easy way to do rhythm is to set up protools to be in bars/beats mode. Decide what bpm you want to work with and enter this.
Load up some drum sounds (kicks, snairs, hats) and, in slip mode, identify sync points at the start of each drum sound. Now switch to grid mode and option drag and or copy/paste these drum sounds to the desired locations. Click on the scroll menu at the top right to set the desired precision of the grid lines. This is an easy way to compose rhythms.