Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Tips & Tricks

Old 01-04-2007, 09:20 AM

Default Converting multiple mono to stereo interleaved

Hi everyone

I have a large task to do. I am recording a number of 12" LP's (that's records by the way, remember them?) on stereo tracks, and converting them into wav files to be written to CD. I can save the files as multiple mono wav files by using 'consolidate selection', but I need them as an interleaved file to put onto CD. I do not fancy using the 'bounce to disk' command as it will take a long time to bounce all of the files in real time. Does anybody know how I can interleave the files in Pro Tools or in software I can download for free? Or does anybody have any alternative solutions? I need to convert the files afterwards to MP3, so if anyone knows of a CD burner that takes multiple mono this is fine, but I would like to be able to convert multiple mono to MP3 within my computer as well if possible.

My setup is
Pro Tools LE 6.9.2
G5 Powermac Dual 2.3 GHz 1.5MB ram
Mac OSX 10.4.3

Cheers
Dan
Old 01-05-2007, 08:58 PM

Default Re: Converting multiple mono to stereo interleaved

Create a stereo audio track. Drag each left and right file into the stereo track, use time stamping or positional markers to ensure the tracks line up L & R. Export out of the region list to generate stereo 16 bit 44.1 kHz files faster than real time, and drag the resultant stereo files into your burner app. Use something like iTunes to create mp3's if you want that process to occur faster than Protools can do it.