Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2013, 08:01 PM

Default Re: Eleven Rack & Pro Tools 11 - Supported?

Quote:
Originally Posted by necjamc View Post
I did notice that there is no eleven rack plugins in PT 11. Perhaps this is what's missing??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Right, this is a known and documented issue.
http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...n-Pro-Tools-11

But there is no mention of not having Embedded Settings. There is an option for Embedded Rig setting in the IO now, as you know, it use to be in the on-screen editor.

We also still have the mini Window so that is communicating with the Eleven Rack over MIDI or some other way. When you stop recording a track that is set to Embed the Rig Settings, the lights on the 11R flash like its trying to communicate with PT11.

I'm just wondering if this is a Windows issue, or if it was meant to be like this for now, and they just forgot to mention it in the Knowledgebase.

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 06-23-2013, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
I have not played with PT11, and I won't be rushing to right now. But something has to read the rack config from the Eleven Rack and be able to load it back. That thing is the Eleven Rack plugin talking MIDI over USB. Doing it any other way would be a mess, including because you really want all the Eleven Rack config/MIDI code in one place.

Darryl
The thing is, the mini Window that you can have in the EDIT window, is communicating with the Eleven Rack. You can change the volume, mute, change rigs. There is also a Load From Computer option, which is not working either.

So it is communicating somehow, just not letting you embed rigs. It's probably supposed to be this way since there is no UI, but it was not mentioned in any documentation I have seen as of yet.

Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 06-23-2013, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoni View Post
The thing is, the mini Window that you can have in the EDIT window, is communicating with the Eleven Rack. You can change the volume, mute, change rigs. There is also a Load From Computer option, which is not working either.

So it is communicating somehow, just not letting you embed rigs. It's probably supposed to be this way since there is no UI, but it was not mentioned in any documentation I have seen as of yet.
You can actually change the volume and this works? Or you can do it in the UI but it does nothing on the Eleven Rack? If you can really do it then its sending MIDI to the Eleven Rack, and they have separated part of the old function of the plugin out of it.

Now if I was curious I'd go load Pro Tools 11, and poke around with my USB midi sniffer and debugger.... just don't have time now.

And if I was into irresponsible speculation I might even take separating the embedding function out of the full GUI as as sign that the GUI might be stand-alone. But please no discussion on that irresponsible speculation here

Darryl
Old 06-23-2013, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
You can actually change the volume and this works? Or you can do it in the UI but it does nothing on the Eleven Rack? If you can really do it then its sending MIDI to the Eleven Rack, and they have separated part of the old function of the plugin out of it.

Now if I was curious I'd go load Pro Tools 11, and poke around with my USB midi sniffer and debugger.... just don't have time now.

And if I was into irresponsible speculation I might even take separating the embedding function out of the full GUI as as sign that the GUI might be stand-alone. But please no discussion on that irresponsible speculation here

Darryl
Yeah it works. You see the Eleven Rack Screen say "Volume: MAIN x.x" ('x' meaning a number 1,7, ect...)

click Mute, and you see the Mains MUTE when you are on the Volume Control page.

I'll have a video up.....maybe tonight? Probably tomorrow, not really about this, but you will see it happening.

Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 06-23-2013, 09:24 PM

I just have not really worried about it. The gui will be addressed soon and all these little quirks will be addressed at that time. Hopefully the devs are taking a little break!

pro-tools-pc.com

TRASHER Pro Tools Utility(updated 4-11-2024)

HD Native, Avid 16x16, Eleven Rack, Focusrite Clarett 8preX, UA Quad Apollo TB.

Intel I7 9900k
Win 10
Old 06-23-2013, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitardom View Post
I just have not really worried about it. The gui will be addressed soon and all these little quirks will be addressed at that time. Hopefully the devs are taking a little break!
No doubt, its just something that should be documented; so if someone is tweaking the rack from the front panel then recording and tweaking again and recording. Later they may want to go back but didn't realize that the settings were not embedded.

Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 06-24-2013, 03:03 AM

In this video you can see how the Eleven Rack is currently working with Pro Tools 11 (at least on my system)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdfuoQRVyGs

Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 06-24-2013, 04:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoni View Post
In this video you can see how the Eleven Rack is currently working with Pro Tools 11 (at least on my system)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdfuoQRVyGs
That's cool...thanks for posting. You are a valuable resource here!
Old 06-24-2013, 04:46 AM

Maybe they are preparing a "Full Blown" Stand Alone Editor for the Eleven Rack?
And only leave the "smaller" version within Pro Tools?
Old 06-24-2013, 05:01 AM

As a quick try in PT11 demo I seem to get embedded rig settings. Since I didn't want to wake the wife up this early in the AM I called up a previously rendered audio from MIDI track in PT11. Added a new audio track. Set the output of the first audio track to 11R reamp and the input of the second track to 11 rig L/R out and hit record. After the new track was done recording the old track I hit stop. Changed rigs on the 11R front panel. Right clicked the newly recorded audio and selected Load Guitar Rig Settings and lo and behold the 11 Rack changed to what I had the newly recorded track set to (still can't get used to instead of seeing the patch on the 11R I used come up on the 11R screen but seeing the name of the audio region/clip that had the embedded settings).

To be sure I wasn't fooling myself I muted the newly created audio track, created an aux track with the 11R rig L/R out as the input, imported some more audio on yet another track with that track's output set to reamp, changed rigs on the 11R and hit play to satisfy myself stuff was actually changing on the 11R. I then recalled the embedded rig settings from the audio track recorded in the first paragraph by right clicking that audio and selecting Load Guitar Rig Settings, the 11R changed as it should and I had the same rig setup as recorded/embedded in the first paragraph.

So yes, it is possible, at least on a Mac, to have embedded rig settings. It's just a pain not having the onscreen editor to change things on the 11R chassis. I wonder if part of the problem here is Avid adding in PT11 the check box to embed 11R rig settings into the Input section of the I/O window? Almost like Avid hasn't settled on how they're implementing the whole 11 Rack deal.

Hope this all makes sense.

QAPLA!