Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2017, 05:45 PM

Default Re: Avid - worst customer support I have ever experienced - ever.

Ok.. when i open ilok manager, it shows a certain amount of activations.

When i LOG IN, it adds 26, every time.

Close ilok manager, ilok shows 26 less.

Open, adds 26.

The old bundle is sitting right below the other one, greyed out.. it is 100% taking up the slots.. it's not *supposed* to be, but this is what happens when i log in. It wasn't removed properly, now when i click on it, the deactivate option still shows up, everything else is greyed out. I have tried to deactivate it 100 times already and it goes through the process but at the end, it just stays on my ilok.

Regarding other stuff, i still want to know if paypal can be used for recurring payments..

are you saying that when they finally contact me they will explain what happened?

furthermore, since i have upgraded pro tools early, specifically to take advantage of getting the free plugin bundle for one year, i don't of course want to continue or pay for the initial sub to the plugins anymore *anyway*. I just want it removed from my account, the correct 1 year license added to my ilok, and to put all this behind me.
Old 12-03-2017, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNM View Post

Open, adds 26.

The old bundle is sitting right below the other one, greyed out.. it is 100% taking up the slots.. it's not *supposed* to be, but this is what happens when i log in. It wasn't removed properly, now when i click on it, the deactivate option still shows up, everything else is greyed out. I have tried to deactivate it 100 times already and it goes through the process but at the end, it just stays on my ilok. ....

I'd uninstall iLok License Manager/run CCleaner/run CCleaner Registry & keep the Backup/restart computer
Re-install iLok License Manager (version 3.1.7.1901 works fine for me on Win7 64), then Synchronize your selected iLok.
Pray 'til the Synchronize-ball stops spinning.
Hopefully, this will remove the "Phantoms" ....

FWIW - Jeffro's the best CS you can get. He will fix it.
Pro Tools Studio 2024.3 * SSL UC-1 * Digidesign Command 8 * TECH 21 SansAmp 2.0 * Xvive U3 2.4Ghz Wireless Microphone * Shure SM57 & Rode NT2-A * Fender 30 & Champ 12 valve amps * M-Audio Axiom Pro 49 * PreSonus Speakers & Monitor Station V2 * Lenovo W520 laptop Type 427637U (32 GB RAM) with extra-Ports Dock + SSDs: 2 @ Samsung T5 + 1 @ Samsung T7 * 3 Screens: 15.6” Laptop + 24” BENQ GL2450-B + Samsung 27” CT550 curved Monitor * best Wife!
Old 12-03-2017, 08:59 PM

Quote:

Open, adds 26.

The old bundle is sitting right below the other one, greyed out.. it is 100% taking up the slots.. it's not *supposed* to be, but this is what happens when i log in. It wasn't removed properly, now when i click on it, the deactivate option still shows up, everything else is greyed out. I have tried to deactivate it 100 times already and it goes through the process but at the end, it just stays on my ilok.
I mean no offense with this post When you log in and see the extra 26 licenses, are you sure you are looking at what's on your iLok and not what's available in your account? Grey'd out plugins can be deactivated, which puts them back into the Available area of your iLok account. If those licenses are not expired, this might allow you to drag them back onto your iLok. I would also run the re-sync function on your iLok(s)

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 12-03-2017, 09:17 PM

If the old licenses have been successfully removed, they'll be visible via iLok License Manager's View>Unavailable – the home for Surrendered, Expired or Transferred Licenses.

Hopefully, this time, when you select your iLok>View>Available, you'll be able to drag your new license to your iLok.

If so, (as Dave said before me) Synchronize.

Good luck!

FWIW #2:
Certainly understand your wanting to cram 500 licenses on one iLok, especially if you're “Port-poor”.
If you find that most times, you're not using all, you could divide your licenses into “Best” and “2nd Best” - each with their own iLok – each iLok US$30 yearly with ZDT and TLC enabled, for the best protection.
Almost criminal not to have it, with 500 + licenses (most with multiple Activations). Especially if you do have 2 Pro Tools licenses, (as you mentioned).
If so, give each iLok a Pro Tools license plus all the extras. Fantastic solution for immediate recovery if one iLok gets broken, stolen, or just plain wears out. May it never happen!

Try adding the replacement value of 500 licenses to your Household Contents with “Everywhere” Insurance, for a quick Rates Comparison check.
Pro Tools Studio 2024.3 * SSL UC-1 * Digidesign Command 8 * TECH 21 SansAmp 2.0 * Xvive U3 2.4Ghz Wireless Microphone * Shure SM57 & Rode NT2-A * Fender 30 & Champ 12 valve amps * M-Audio Axiom Pro 49 * PreSonus Speakers & Monitor Station V2 * Lenovo W520 laptop Type 427637U (32 GB RAM) with extra-Ports Dock + SSDs: 2 @ Samsung T5 + 1 @ Samsung T7 * 3 Screens: 15.6” Laptop + 24” BENQ GL2450-B + Samsung 27” CT550 curved Monitor * best Wife!
Old 12-04-2017, 12:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post
I mean no offense with this post When you log in and see the extra 26 licenses, are you sure you are looking at what's on your iLok and not what's available in your account? Grey'd out plugins can be deactivated, which puts them back into the Available area of your iLok account. If those licenses are not expired, this might allow you to drag them back onto your iLok. I would also run the re-sync function on your iLok(s)
no, they are the licenses specifically on my key.. in my account i have many hundred more.

It shows "main ilok key", the number, then when loggin in, it adds the old supposedly deactivated bundle on top..

as i said the bundle is clearly still there, i will take a pic today and attach it. I have 3 avid plug in bundles in my ilok account.. One 2 day usage one i never activated that is sitting in my main account, the initial expired one that will not leave my ilok, and the replacement one that expires Dec 17th, that IS activated on my ilok.

@unkJe, i'm on mac.

The fault here was not refreshing the sub but actually organising with ilok to remove the first subscription and provide me with a new one. The removal just didn't work.. That's what has happened. It's all greyed out, but it's still physically on my key.
Old 12-04-2017, 01:29 AM

Quote:
... the removal just didn't work.. That's what has happened. It's all greyed out, but it's still physically on my key.
There's 5 Tabs in iLok License Manager:
All Licenses
Available
All Activations
Unavailable
Hidden

Can you see your License to Surrender listed anywhere in these 5 – if so, under which Tab?
Old 12-04-2017, 01:48 AM

It's about 1:48 AM in LA ....

I'm sure Jeffro can straighten this out for you when he's back on deck.
Jeffro fixed my iLok problems pronto a little while ago.

If you've got the time & energy, try the ILM re-install & Synchronize.
Nothing to lose - take Screenshots as you go!
Old 12-04-2017, 12:42 PM

The order/billing issue is in progress though your existing case. I'll get a second case going for your iLok issue to make sure that gets handled.
Old 12-05-2017, 05:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkJE View Post
There's 5 Tabs in iLok License Manager:
All Licenses
Available
All Activations
Unavailable
Hidden

Can you see your License to Surrender listed anywhere in these 5 – if so, under which Tab?
They are under the activated tab.. DEACTIVATE option appears for those licenses.. but it doesn't work, it seems to go through a motion but it stays. They are visible when i highlight my ilok itself. So they are under 'activations' and say 1 of 3 activations is used! For the bundle that expired 17th November and was first enabled 17th october! I have sent Jeffro a series of pictures today proving this.

Now.. just to clarify some other stuff..

Firstly, I was really upset when i wrote this, and I may have gone OTT in my topic title, but I can't change it now.

I want to specifically thank everyone and of course Jeffro for your kind, patient assistance.

The good news is, it was confirmed to me today from Avid that i am definitely eligible for a year free of the complete plugin bundle, having renewed my sub during the promotion.

The lady's name was Ann, and she has been helpful. I would also like to point out that Jeffro has contacted me via email to help.

Considering i totally cracked it, their conduct has been very professional and caring. I needed to set that straight here.

I don't have the ilok license for the plugins yet, and Ann explained to me that it has happened to others, that licenses that are supposed to be auto delivered are sometimes now, as well as renewals failing. This has affected others, not just me, so I am glad I did nothing wrong.

It should have just automatically charged me for re subbing with paypal and i should have never lost use of the plugins to begin with.

But think about this.. If i was in a big pro studio with clients and all their projects had used those plugins, this would have been a real headache. So hopefully they sort this out so that it doesn't affect people again.

I am also impressed at their level of personalised service since I don't opt for the pro tools support plan. So i will definitely get it this time, when i can afford it in Jan sometime, to also show my support for them.

Considering i never got any sort of real help from Apple since they bought out logic (which is why i switched to mac in the first place, i started on windows 95 in 1997 with logic 3.0 when i finally had my own studio), I am glad i am moving away from it.

Ann asked me to confirm my last 4 digits of CC, my full name and billing address, and she would get things sorted. I actually refused to do that over email as i think it's unsafe (i have had my card hacked twice in 3 years and many thousands of stolen goods were charged to me, it was a real headache),so she tried to call me but I didn't hear it or was asleep.

I have suggested a convenient time for her to try re call and get this sorted.
So YES, Avid have also attempted to call me, which is cool of them.

That said, only one thing still perplexes me.. My order has successfully been put through and i have been charged, so WHY don't they just send me the asset for the plugin bundle for a year? That, I just don't get. I have been verified with paypal for 16 years..

I don't mind verifying who I am over the phone, but that should have never been necessary to begin with just to receive the product I paid for.

The only thing I can think of is that because i have 2 billing addresses, maybe it threw up a flag for them (one in the US and one here). I use the US one to buy stuff and have it mailed here that i can't get here is all, and i used to travel there frequently (will hopefully again soon)..

Maybe they just want to make sure i'm a real person and who I say I am. Fair enough, as long as i have the plugin asset by the 17th, which is when the stop gap asset provided by jeffro expires.
Old 12-06-2017, 05:21 AM

Quote:
They are under the activated tab.. DEACTIVATE option appears for those licenses.. but it doesn't work, it seems to go through a motion but it stays. They are visible when i highlight my ilok itself
You could try dragging your license to surrender from your iLok to your iLok Account (the box with your User Name, just below the words 'iLok License Manager').
Synchronize.
Then try deactivating license to surrender.

If that doesn't work, Sweetwater recommends uninstalling then re-installing ILM.
Closed Thread