Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-2007, 08:15 AM

Default Click track out of synch PTS 7.3.1 cs4 (Only in Play back)

I have a strange scenario with the audio click track. I notice after recording the parts, that they are slightly behind time with the click in playback, (only in play back, after recording). When tracking (recording) the parts all sound in time with the click, bizarre. One of the things I have done to get around the timing issue, is if I mute the drums part and let the bass gtr just record to the click as suppose to drums and other parts with the click, then when the bass gtr is played back with all the other parts then the timing is correctly in synch which all parts. Its just when played back with the click then parts plays back slightly out of time with the click.
This does not make sense to me, as if you record with the click and the recorded parts synch tightly together to the click why does it play out of time in play back with the click again in play back?.
Apart from the click track issue, my system works great with NO hang-ups what so ever, no buffer error nothing of any sort.
I use Pro tools LE version 7.3.1 cs4 with the Digi002 controller with the Focusrite OctoPre Pre-Amp connected via ADAT to the Digi002, allowing me 8 additional XLR’S inputs.
My machine is a PC with XP pro, ASUS board, AMD dual core 4600+ processor, 2gig ram at 800 MHz with SATA drives.

PC Wizard 2006 Version 1.713
Owner: Virtue Studios
Organization: Virtue Studio & Productions cc
User: ANDRÉ VAN WYK
Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Professional 5.01.2600 Service Pack 2
Report Date: Saturday 25 August 2007 at 17:00
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Main board: Asus M2NPV-VM
Chipset : nVidia nForce 410
Processor : AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+ @ 2400 MHz (AM2)
Physical Memory : 2048 MB (2 x 1024 DDR2-SDRAM )
Video Card : Nvidia Corp GeForce 6600 LE (Dual screen display)
Hard Disk : ST3250823AS (250 GB)
Hard Disk : ST3250824AS (250 GB)
Hard Disk : ST3250824AS (250 GB)
DVD-Rom Drive : HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4167B
Monitor Type : AL1916W - 19 inchs
Operating System : Microsoft Windows XP Professional 5.01.2600 Service Pack 2
DirectX : Version 9.0c
Old 08-25-2007, 11:23 AM

Default Re: Click track out of synch PTS 7.3.1 cs4 (Only in Play back)

out of curiosity on playback can you switch the buffer to or have you tried switching to 1024 ?
Old 08-26-2007, 02:41 AM

Default Re: Click track out of synch PTS 7.3.1 cs4 (Only in Play bac

Hi,

Yes! Is set at 1024 at the moment.

You set a thought in motion; I should play around with the buffer and see if there is any changes in the click track, I reiterate it is only out of time when played back along with the click when recording a new part to be added for example bass gtr separation, not any latency or synch issues with the click when recording all parts, only added part as a means of separation as the other was used a guide tracks. The others which were already recorded which was in time a moment ago with the click when recorded along with all the other parts with the click, would be out of time and not in sync with the click anymore, when played back with the click. However, they are all still in time with each other just not with the click now when played back, however the very same click was used to get them to play in time in the first place.
Even if one do not get any buffer errors, could the buffer cause the click to be out of synch with the already recorded parts?.......If a now play around with the buffer, and let’s assume I get the issue resolved with the change of a buffer setting, the question is, is this normal operation?.......I been using 7.3 for some time now, however it only seem to be with using several part been recorded, by means of a live band, how many I do not know I need to check this out to determine. My usual projects consist mostly of vocals and back-up vocals and sometimes a live guitar part, which is live tracking with synthetic parts mostly for example BFD ECT…..