Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-06-2017, 12:15 PM

Default reinstall pro tols express in mac os 10.8.5

hello, I'm victim too of the mac os sierra 10.12.6 . I just did the update for a mistake discovering afterwords that my pro tolls express 10.3.4 doesn't work anymore and also the avid M-box3.
never mind, I have already reinstalled the pre-existent Os 10.8.5, but PT and M-box don't work.
as because first time I'm in this situation I would ask to the forum , do I have only reinstall again the drivers of PT and Mbox or Is better to uninstall everything before and then install again.
Very glad if somebody can give advice about .
thanks
Old 08-07-2017, 11:15 AM

Default Re: reinstall pro tols express in mac os 10.8.5

Did you restore your system to its previous state or was this a fresh install of the OS? It sounds like a restore, and if so, how was this done and what isn't working with PT and your MBox?

As a start, I would re-install the MBox drivers. If the MBox works after that, then we can start troubleshooting PT.

System Details
Old 08-09-2017, 12:36 AM

Default Re: reinstall pro tols express in mac os 10.8.5

Hello. it was fresh install of Osx 10.8.5. Anyways, I re-installed the Mbox drivers and then connected the audio interface and I checked that worked again. Then, I re-install also Pro tools (I log in in my avid account and I found the version pro tool express and I downloaded) . Happy ending: everything is fine like before.
Only thing is when I start the mac program from folder library-startupitems : "digidesign.loader", "Maudiopciaudio helper", "pace support" show in the desktop with a notice that are not secure .
I try to understand if are linked in someway with the PT o Mbox.
thanks