Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Digidesign Hardware & Software

Old 02-02-2007, 10:49 AM

Default mixing templates

Hello there,
I'd like to know if there's a way to use mixing templates on PT 5.01. Not recording templates as documented in the manual and elsewhere, but mixer setups to be used for mixing existing sessions.

Here's the situation: We have PT 5.01 running a PTIII system at the studio where I work. I have PT 5.01Free at home. I recently recorded an 8-track project at the studio. Every take got recorded in a different session made from a minimal template containing panning, one buss send for FX, FX return with no plugin assigned. It did not contain any channel plug-ins.

I'm now in the process of premixing this project at home (using PT free), and have determined what FX I want to use, and what plug-ins I need for each channel. The problem is that for every take of every song I want to mix I have to reassign all my channel plug-ins and settigns! I wish there was a way to use a preset mixer template containing my mixdown setup that I could paste in place after I opened a session...

thanks, Pierre