Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)

Old 07-20-2009, 07:56 AM

Default unable to locate m-audio hardware. make sure your hardware is..works fine in ableton?

yeah i know its one of these threads again but i didnt find any answers in the other ones, but here's the thing:

when i run ProTools 7.4 it says "unable to locate m-audio hardware. make sure your hardware is connected and turned on" even when my hardware is connected and fully working?!

specs:

FastTrack Pro
Windows Vista 32bit SP1
ProTools CS2
and ive reinstalled,tried to change the usb ports, and i have all the right drivers im 100% sure, and it says device is fully working in device manager and so on!

and i know its not broken cause FastTrack Pro works fine in Ableton and Cubase! :S

hmm i just realised its not connected?

but it still works?? i have my headphones connected and i can hear fine and it works in other programs?? :S

any ideas on how to fix this? :S
Old 07-20-2009, 01:23 PM

Default Re: unable to locate m-audio hardware. make sure your hardware is..works fine in able

nevermind, i got it working..just had to install drivers manually..
Old 10-07-2009, 12:01 AM

Default Re: unable to locate m-audio hardware. make sure your hardware is..works fine in able

Hey i just got Pro tools vocal studio M-Audio and it keeps saying the same this for mine what am i doing wrong or what can i do to fix it ! plss help