Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-20-2009, 10:32 AM

Default Midi Regions triggering wrong track

I created this session in Pro Tools 8, so I don't know if the issue is exclusive to it, or if I'm missing something blatantly obvious.
The session contains many virtual instrument tracks with Mini Grand, Structure Free, Xpand, Kontakt and Battery, and a couple of audio tracks.

One of the tracks, Vibraphone (Structure Free), has a short region of a few notes, but when the playhead reaches this region, it triggers the Violin (Kontakt) track. Correct notes, wrong instrument. When I have the vibraphone track selected or record-enabled, and I press any keys on my midi controller (connected to my digi002 through midi in port 1), that also triggers the violin track. It was working fine in this session yesterday.

The plot thickens:
I created another track to move the vibraphone region onto, but this new track, which had no name, regions, instruments, inserts, sends or outputs assigned, triggered a Piano (Mini Grand) track when I played my midi controller.

Any ideas? Has this been brought up already?
Thanks
Old 01-20-2009, 10:46 AM

Default Re: Midi Regions triggering wrong track

Have you checked the MIDI output? At the very top of the instrument track? If you can't see you may need to show 'instrument' from the options.

Sometimes if I go back to a session my MIDI outputs will have changed, I just have to change them back.

Old 01-20-2009, 11:07 AM

Default Re: Midi Regions triggering wrong track

Solved! Thanks!

I have no idea why those would have changed. I've never even opened that section of the mixer since getting 8.