Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)

Old 06-05-2011, 08:00 PM

Default Re: M-Powered Pro Tools 9

Finally got it working again!

But what a PITA!!!

Back and forth with PT and iLok, and so on and so forth, Finally, iLok sent a file, and I ran the thing, and I was able to run MP 9.

Here is the last note I sent back to PT support, after they suggested I do the same thing that got me in trouble in the first place. I was probably rude, but I, luckily, have never been through such a frustrating experience in all my years of DAW usage (since 1989!). Plus I have a toothache...so forgive me...

Quote:
Well, now you've totally confused me, though it's good to know that I can download MP 9 when I need to.

iLok sent me a file called "LicenseSupportSetup.zip" which I ran, and when I next tried MP 9, it worked. However, the driver version is still 5.9.1.3445. I've attached a pic.

iLok states that 3474 is installed when I ran that file, but it does not refer to the driver file version, it refers to another file version. And iLok did not say what file that was.

So I see three things you need to correct:

1. Fix your downloadable MP 9 installation instructions available on your website, I followed them to the letter, and they never mentioned anything about uninstalling anything. Also, why in the world are you requiring a complete program removal and re-install just to add a couple little updates to MP 8? Maybe you need to take the "Service Pack" or "Update" route, this works for Windows, Adobe, Band in a Box, and a jillion other programs etc. The Pro Tools method is such a PITA!

2. MP 9 does not need iLok driver 5.9.1.3447 to run, as you state. Mine is running just fine with 3445. Pic attached.

3. Per below, you advise me to only use the MP 9 installer. Well, that's what I did in the first place!
It didn't work! The fact it didn't work was why I got into your (Pro Tools) suggestions to upload the new drivers from iLok...which also didn't work! Nothing worked until iLok sent me that "LicenseSupportSetup.zip" file.

None of the Forum stuff worked either. I tell you, to be honest, this is some scary support you have here. Only 60 days to use the free "Cases", about $40 a case after that, and so on and so on.

Oh, and this white on black weird email format you're using is another pain, hard to read, full of clutter...I mean...what's the point?

Jeepers!
Old 06-06-2011, 04:24 AM

Agfrag,

glad you finally got it working!
just to be clear, can you specify what's inside that "LicenseSupportSetup.zip" file from ilok? Is it previous ilok driver then the one which is currently on the ilok download page?
I still didn't installed MP9 myself and my 60days case period will end tomorrow (it's indeed absurd, you have to pay after this period) so in case there might be any troubles with my install it's good to know what did the trick on your pc.
Old 06-09-2011, 05:28 PM

I'm so sorry Jazztronoats that I didn't reply earlier, I've been pretty busy with stuff. I have no idea what is in the zipped file, its an exe file that disappears after it runs, no clue as to what it did, just runs and exits.

Good luck with whatever you do, and I hope you don't have to go through what I did!