Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2019
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-2020, 02:45 PM

Default Issue with Object grabber tool

Lately I have had this issue pop up about 25% of the time. I select a large group of regions with the object grabber tool. I hit CMD + numerical minus key (Mac) to trim the regions from the end by the nudge value. Instead of trimming the regions they become deselected and no trimming occurs. The only solution I have found is duplicating the track. Then it will work fine on the new track. Any idea why this is happening or a better fix?

edit: now the duplicating the track solution isn't working either.

Last edited by freakhouse; 03-27-2020 at 03:07 PM.
Old 03-27-2020, 03:38 PM

Default Re: Issue with Object grabber tool

they really messed up the functionality of CMD when they introduced the grid/slip toggle thing. it acts differently now depending on when you press command and will not trigger for certain shortcuts like it used to. check to see if it has to do with what edit mode you are in (grid vs slip).

just a thought - see if it works properly in older versions too. I forget when the "temporarily suspend slip mode" was introduced (12.5?)

"To temporarily suspend Slip mode and switch to Grid mode while editing, Command-click (Mac) or Control-click (Windows) while making the edit."

Issue here being that when you can no longer hold command to trigger 2 shortcuts I believe. you have to lift your finger and press again, or something like that. It still messes me up daily as I have never wanted to make slip turn to grid while I'm trying to edit. PT intercepts pressing CMD as you wanting to change the edit mode vs doing a shortcut if you are holding down a click at the same time. not sure if this relates to you but I just know CMD key aint what it used to be.
Old 03-27-2020, 03:48 PM

check this thread out:

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?p...35#post2515535
Old 03-27-2020, 04:04 PM

Thanks for your insight. The strange thing it won't work for me on one track, but then I'll go to another track and it will work fine. Toggling between slip and grid is something I'd already tried.