Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Tips & Tricks

Old 04-29-2003, 09:11 PM

Default I need good extension settings

I already checked the answerbase and found a few helpful things on this subject. But I would really like a list from top to bottom of good extenion settings for running PT 5.2. I use an external firewire drive. I think the rest of my setup is listed below. I'm sure somebody has taken the time to get a good set of extension settings. I just wanna get the most out of my system. Already have it set to 256 colors (that's plenty for me). I also have 200 MB of RAM allocated to both PT and the DAE. Any help here would be greatly apppreciated. Thanx guys and gals. [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
M-box
PT 5.2
Old 04-30-2003, 02:53 AM

Default Re: I need good extension settings

It would be tough to cut & paste from one computer to another... there are variables. Computers are fickle to begin with.

Your best bet- start with the base extension set and turn on anything else you need. Sort the extensions by on/off column, then go through all the offs and turn on what you know you need- OMS, DAE, etc. Usually if something else needs to be on, the computer will let you know when you try to do something related.