Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-19-2005, 02:25 PM

Default Quick dumb iLok Question

I'm about to purchase LE 7.0 upgrade with the two pluggins, and ran into the iLok option. I'm confused because with my current release there is no need for an iLok. Do I just need the iLok account, or do I need an actual iLok key I have to insert in the USB slot? If it's the key, does it always have to be in the comptuer or just when I install the plugins for the first time? Sounds kind of like a pain...

I don't even know if I have an iLok account already and I can't use "forgot password" at iLok.com since I can't do it by email, but only by account#/name. No idea what that would have been. But, I asusme I didn't have an account since I didn't even know I need one. I guess....
Old 12-19-2005, 02:56 PM

Default Re: Quick dumb iLok Question

I figured it out; eventually found an answer to this on the Mac LE forum.

Still don't know about if I have to keep the iLok in there at all times or not, but I'll find out when I get it.

Hey, did you know that iLok.com will only work with IE? Not FireFox! That's nuts. I'll bet half the people who are techy enough to use music software are on Firefox.
Old 12-19-2005, 03:07 PM

Default Re: Quick dumb iLok Question

Quote:
Still don't know about if I have to keep the iLok in there at all times or not, but I'll find out when I get it.
Yes. The ilok has to be plugged in at all times to authorize your plugins.
Command/8
PTLE 7.1 MPT
www.clearspotrecording.com