Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-08-2011, 02:34 PM

Exclamation Houston, We Have A Problem! 11R Reset Itself!!

Well a bit of background here.

Yesterday I was organizing my Rigs and loading them into the 11R in the sequence I wanted them in, and saving them in that location of course. I was doing this one at a time, not by editing the .xml. I probably did about 40-50 rigs. Everything was cool, I could scroll through them and they would be just as I had set them, as it is supposed to be, and has been up until today....

Today, I turn on my 11R and am greeted by "A1: Big Blue" .... -ok- i thought...("IN Flames Clean" was set to A1 last night) maybe a glitch, let me scroll through the rest... and all my rigs are gone and have been reverted to the Factory rigs, so i scroll down to the Factory Rigs section "a1, b1 ect.." and they are as they have been.

Not only did it erase all my Rigs, but it erased all my personal settings. Volume was on 7 when I stated up the 11R, I always turn it to 0 before shutting down.

Display Contrast was on 4, I usually have it on 6 or 7.

Tempo light was ON and blinking, I always leave it OFF!

And every other option I had set was reset to factory.

When I shut the 11R off last night, every thing was fine, the rigs were saved where I wanted them, they all worked, ect....

So what the hell happened? No buttons were pressed down when shutting Off or Turning On, I shut off the 11R every night and never had this happen.

Bad thing is I didnt backup the order I had the rigs set to last night because I wasnt quite done setting everything in order, had 10 or so more rigs to set in place.

SO what the F&@k happened to the memory in the 11R? Why would it erase all rigs I had set to it? It even erased rigs that had been in place since before the ERXP came out. It did a complete and total factory reset.

So now im worried about taking another 2 hours to set my rigs up, if they will just be erased again. Of course this time I'll be sure to have a complete dump of the sequence I want them set to.

Luckily I DO have the dump/xml of all the rigs before I started moving things around, so I can get back to the state it was at before I started setting my rigs where I wanted them. And of course I have backups of all my rigs, so its not a total loss or anything, just a real pain in the ass.

This happened to anyone before? Chris, Chimpy, or DTS have any info on this?

Well, im off to setting this back to how i had it. And yes, i did turn it Off and On again, no change.

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 05-08-2011, 02:46 PM

Default Re: Houston, We Have A Problem! 11R Reset Itself!!

It did happen to me once, but turning it off and back on fixed it for me.
Old 05-08-2011, 02:47 PM

You know a "Drag & Drop" Library Editor would be very helpful for sequencing the Rigs how you want them.

Just drag the .tfx files into the slots you want (A1,D3 ect..) then click Save/Load and be done.

Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 05-08-2011, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesling View Post
It did happen to me once, but turning it off and back on fixed it for me.
Thanks for the reply man. Sadly no luck here

Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 05-08-2011, 05:58 PM

Finally got all my rigs back to where I wanted them, tuned off the 11R, then back ON, and they are still there and other setting are still set. Hopefully that was a one time glitch, if this happened to someone out on a gig with no computer and backup rig files, they would be royally fu#$ed.

Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 05-08-2011, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoni View Post
You know a "Drag & Drop" Library Editor would be very helpful for sequencing the Rigs how you want them.

Just drag the .tfx files into the slots you want (A1,D3 ect..) then click Save/Load and be done.
Great idea! is it on ideascale? I'd definately vote for that.

Hope your all sorted now Benoni, thankfully this hasn't happened to me. It should be a reminder to everybody to have their rigs backed up.

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z690 AERO D
CPU: Intel Alder Lake Core i9-12900K
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15S
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR5 64GB (2x 32gb 5200MHz)
Drives: 2 x Samsung 980 Pro 2TB NVME PCIE 4.0 M.2 SSD (Record & Samples)
1 x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME PCIE 4.0 M.2 SSD (OS Win 11 Pro)

GPU:Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3060 12GB GDDR6 PCIE 4
PSU: Corsair HX Series HX850 Platinim
CASE: Fractal Define XL R2
PT 11HD (v11.3.2) Omni s/pdif <> AxeFxIII
HD 96I/O
Old 05-08-2011, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zedhed View Post

Hope your all sorted now Benoni, thankfully this hasn't happened to me. It should be a reminder to everybody to have their rigs backed up.
i think there is one "drag and drop" idea on Idea Scale, but i didnt look at the specifics, so im not sure if its the same thing I would like to see.

I would like to see a complete separate from pro tools app, that has all the slots from A1 to Z4 laid out in 'one' screen, each slot will list the name of the currently loaded rig. You can then move,or copy the currently loaded rig to another slot, or drag a new rig/.tfx into any slot, and it will save as the new rig for that slot. It doesnt even have to be a real time Editor, and by 'real time' i mean if you place a tfx file on a slot, it updates/saves to the 11R right then.

It could be sorta like Enigma for the M-Audio keyboards. Where you make all your changes and then save the file with the rigs and .xml doc in the folder, then Load All Rigs From Computer as normal. That would make it easy to have several setups available at the click of a mouse.
----------------

yep, hope this doesn't happen again. And if you have your rigs sequenced how you like, be sure to use All Rigs Backup so you can get right back to how you were.

Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 05-09-2011, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zedhed View Post

+1
If it's NOT the one that's on ideascale, then it DEFINITELY needs to be submitted for us to all vote on!

Old 05-09-2011, 02:21 PM

shee glad you didnt rock up to your gig and get that surprise Benoni!
Old 05-09-2011, 04:30 PM

I did post on Ideascale about controlling patches in an app..

http://protools.ideascale.com/a/dtd/...hes/31147-3779

Benoni mentioned Enigma - In my experience that is one of the worst pieces of software ever created. I do use it to send presets to my ProStation88.
I hope Avid can do better than that!

I remember way back around 2000 when I was running Logic they had a simple box that came up with all the presets for MIDI instruments, you could copy and swap names and save that bank to disk and/or send to your instrument.

I hate having to start PT just to save and manipulate rigs.

Please Avid get a standalone editor/librarian ( even beta) out there...
ASUS P5E Q6600 6GB

Eleven Rack + EXRP