Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12

Old 10-04-2016, 11:23 AM

Default Some MIDI notes not playing back

I've been having a couple of strange problems...I am using one instance of Kontakt 5 plugin with multiple instruments, a Balinese Gamelan multi (Semardana Multi Concert) from Soniccouture and I added harp, celesta, and bansuri from the Kontakt factory library in the remaining slots. I'm using PT 12 on a Mac running El Capitan.

The first issue I have is that after recording a part, it will playback fine for a while, but occasionally some, but not all, of the notes in a particular instrument will not play back. It will be playing the notes, and then it will just skip a note (not play it) and then continue playing the next note. When it first happened, I was able to fix it by copying and pasting notes that played back to replace the notes that didn't, and that seemed to work. Then I didn't have the problem for a while, but it started again after I had the problem I will tell you about in the next paragraph. But this time it's not always the same notes. If I stop playback and then play again, sometimes the same note will not play back again, but sometimes it will and other notes don't play back instead.

The other problem I had (and I'm not sure if it is somehow related to the first problem) is that when I started using the bansuri sound, one of the gamelan instruments' sound would get messed up--always the same sound (Calung pair). It basically changes the sound to a completely different sound, even though it says Calung Pair, the sound of it is totally different (some weird electronic sound that I don't recognize). Also the yellow light under "purge" is on. I tried selecting "reload all samples" and that fixed the yellow light, but the sound is still the wrong sound. I first noticed it when I just started to audition the bansuri sound, but hadn't recorded anything yet. I did revert to saved and that fixed it, but then when I went back to use the bansuri sound again, and this time recorded a part, it happened again. Unfortunately, I saved it after I recorded the bansuri part so I can't revert to saved again. I finally was able to manually re-select the correct sound (the snapshot--even though it already was selected...) and it changed back to the Calung Pair sound. So it seems to be fixed for now, however, it was after that that I began having the previously mentioned problem again.

Sorry for the long explanation...I would appreciate anyone's insight into this issue, especially the MIDI notes not playing back. Thanks!!

Last edited by cellopoet; 10-04-2016 at 12:44 PM.
Old 10-04-2016, 12:47 PM

Default Re: Some MIDI notes not playing back

Hmmm...I tried selecting the snapshot again for the instrument that wasn't playing back all the notes, like I did when the bansuri sound messed up the Calung sound, and it seems to have worked. After selecting the snapshot again, all the notes are playing back now. So it seems like the two problems may have been related, but damned if I know why or how it happened. I hope it doesn't happen again.

Still if anyone knows the source of this problem so I can prevent it from happening again in the future, your ideas would be much appreciated.