Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-29-2015, 02:14 PM

Default Avid Eleven Rack and Pro Tools 12

Ok ... I'm probably in the wrong forum, but I couldn't sort out a better place to put this (please feel free to tell me where is better to post this - won't hurt my feelings)

I've got a recently purchased Eleven Rack and Pro Tools 12 ... and while I can easily get sound out of my ER to my monitors without ProTools turned on, when I open the program ... not a sound comes out of the Guitar Input. I've got the Eleven Rack as my Playback Engine. I get sound out of my MIDI that is connected to PT, but when I set the rig input to Guitar In ... nothing. I'm certain it's nothing more than a setting I've buggered up, but I really need to get this sorted out. (for the record, ER records just fine in Finale and GarageBand - so I know it works ... just a neophyte here trying to learn.)

(and for the record ... it's a bass plugged into the guitar input ... that's how I roll )

Thanks in advance,

Brian
Old 06-29-2015, 03:48 PM

Default Re: Avid Eleven Rack and Pro Tools 12

Have you gone into I/O setup to make sure that your inputs and outputs are assigned to the 11R?

Are you choosing what you want for both your Input and your Outputs for each track?

MacPro 5.1 (12) Core (2009 MacPro 8 Core Upgraded to a 12 Core MacPro), 56 Gig Ram, SSD System & 3 - 2TB Drives, OSX 10.9.5, Windows 10 Via Bootcamp
Old 06-29-2015, 04:37 PM

Make sure you arm that track........so that the red dot blinks
UAD Apollo 8 Duo • 003 Console • iD22 • JoeMeek OneQ • Kemper Profiler • Eleven Rack
Focal Twin6 Be • Emes Pink • Focal CMS40+Sub • Senn HD 650 • AKG 702
Old 06-29-2015, 05:01 PM

Default Re: Eleven Rack and Pro Tools 12

I would first try defaulting both your inputs and outputs.
With the 11R selected as the playback device, open your IO settings, select the Input tab and press the default button. Do the same for the Output and Bus tabs as well.

I would create a new session, then try the 11R again.

System Details
Old 06-29-2015, 05:39 PM

Default Re: Eleven Rack and Pro Tools 12

Have you used Pro Tools before?

You need to do is make sure you are using an audio (*not * an instrument track). Start with a Stereo audio track.

You have to have the correct input selected, which for a stereo track would be "Eleven Rig L/R", and have that track record armed (red record light blinking) (or else the output of the Eleven Rack mutes, as you noticed, that is normal to need to do what with any interface you want to monitor inputs on with Pro Tools).

The best way to start is to use one of the Eleven Rack session templates (in the Pro Tools dialog box when you create a new session) that will set up a "E. Guitar" track for the wet guitar which you just need to record arm (click on the red record button/light in the track header).

There is too much to just work out by trial and experiment. You need to read the Eleven Rack documentation and be willing to open the Pro Tools Reference Guide, it's large but well written and very useful.
Old 06-30-2015, 07:11 AM

Here is how you Default the IO in case you don't know
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxZ9SgQm8H4

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio