Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2006, 01:27 PM

Default Arjen (Altiverb) Introduction

Hi,

I am Arjen and I did most of the impulse response recordings for Altiverb, the convolution reverb on the Mac.

As you may have noticed the Windows XP-VST and -RTAS versions of Altiverb are out now, and because some of you will possibly be trying the demo, I'd like to stick around here a bit if you don't mind, see how it goes, perhaps answer questions when they arise.

We have sold most of our Altiverbs to your TDM Mac colleagues. Hope you like it here too.

Arjen
Audio ease
http://www.audioease.com
Old 06-24-2006, 06:20 AM

Default Re: Arjen (Altiverb) Introduction

Hi Arjen,

I'm a big fan of IR reverbs. I, my self, have a fairly good library of IR's to chose from. The reverb plug in I use if called Pristine Space. I really like this reverb because it's multichannel. As in I can have up to eight outputs and it's really CPU efficient. What are the advantages to Altiverb over a plug in like pristine space? Also, while we're on the subject please compare LT space as well.

Thanks,
Brandon
Custom Build CPU, HDX 1, Omni, 192 I/O Digital
S6 M10 24 fader
Satellite Mac Pro, HDNative, 192 I/0
Black Magic HD Extreme
Old 06-24-2006, 06:20 AM

Hi Arjen,

I'm a big fan of IR reverbs. I, my self, have a fairly good library of IR's to chose from. The reverb plug in I use if called Pristine Space. I really like this reverb because it's multichannel. As in I can have up to eight outputs and it's really CPU efficient. What are the advantages to Altiverb over a plug in like pristine space? Also, while we're on the subject please compare LT space as well.

Thanks,
Brandon
Custom Build CPU, HDX 1, Omni, 192 I/O Digital
S6 M10 24 fader
Satellite Mac Pro, HDNative, 192 I/0
Black Magic HD Extreme
Old 06-27-2006, 02:10 AM

I couldn't find my reply to this ( I did write it) , so here goes:

The difference is in the IR's

and then there are differences in the processor (Altiverb).
The differences include length (our cathedrals ring for 12 secs while ir1 cuts off at 6) We do cross terms (Left speaker emits, right mic picks up (some processors or efficient modes leave them out). Altiverb has some functions you can't find elsewhere (stage positioning , visual feedback features like waterfall, 360 surround pictures). We do more plug-in formats and are more efficient on the CPU.

But the difference is in the IR's, that's where our real investment is. We went after the big halls, the 20 car interiors and the jumbo jet and will keep doing it where everyone else has left off. We release free new stuff every couple weeks. http://www.audioease.com/IR

If you are interested i can get you a temporary license (say a month ) to run the whole thing so you can appreciate the difference.
mail me privately if you want that. arjenATaudioease.com

best,

Arjen
Old 06-30-2006, 01:12 PM

Is Altiverb for PT on PC the same in every way as the MAC version? Can we do surround verbs? I have used it on a MAC and like it and I am interested in trying it out for my PC rig.