Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 06-09-2009, 10:57 AM
Avid

Default Re: cs3 - yes, it is there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heimi View Post
Same here with the rewire Plug-In. Also, the following issues are stealing my precious studio time:

• Kontakt Player 2 (newest version) doesn't find it's sound libraries.
• Superior Drummer and Omnisphere together often force PT to crash
• After opening about the 4th session, I get the «your critically low on memory»[bleep]message
• PT quits unexpected about every 2 hours
•[bleep]Mini Grand takes waaaay too long to load the sounds. After 1 inch on the red loading bar, I have to wait for about 10 to 20 seconds until it continues the loading procedure.
• Sometimes, Inputs 9-16 are not recognized. After Mac restart, all is fine.

System: MacPro Nehalem 8Core, PT HD Accel (6 cards with PE6R4 Chassis)
You need to update your ReWire applications for compatibility. It locks up at loading ReWire because you have ReWire apps with old components installed.

Kontakt Player is not compatible with Pro Tools 8 and having it installed will very likely cause instability. The fact that you have it installed would seem to indicate you may have other incompatible plug-ins installed. Removing them or updating to a compatible version, then trashing preferences, will likely improve stability.

The 'out of memory' issue could be any number of things. When you close a session, is RAM being released? If not, it could be the consequence of an incompatible plug-in like Kontakt Player. Might that be the case? Are you using sample player VI's that load samples?
Old 06-09-2009, 10:58 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by loosestones View Post
Well thanks Digi for fixing all these problems. I really enjoyed how Protools crashed, then we had a Kernal Panic when it first started up.

The Workspace is still completely F**KED!! Try playing any music through this corrupted junk and it will fry our computer everytime.

It makes me sick to think how many issues we've had with PT8 and how many hours, money and sleep everyone at this studio has lost, due to:
poor design - inserts F-J dont work from the outset
poor testing - countless bugs when released
& poor support - its taken months for a fix for these problems and its still not working properly.

That said, it has great potential. Hopefully we can get back to making music sometime in the next couple of years when the expensive software we've bought into is fixed.

LSS
Also, getting a crash report directly after experiencing a crash in the Workspace would help us determine the cause.
Old 06-09-2009, 11:59 AM

How do I remove the old rewire, hod do I know what to remove, and why didn't the PT 8 installer removed the old rewire component if it was no longer compatible with PT 8? Does PT8 install a new rewire component?
Old 06-09-2009, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnoil View Post
How do I remove the old rewire, hod do I know what to remove, and why didn't the PT 8 installer removed the old rewire component if it was no longer compatible with PT 8? Does PT8 install a new rewire component?
Rewire is installed and used by other applications so thats why pro tools can not remove it.

It is in library/app support/rewire

You can delete this if you are sure its not needed for other applications that use rewire. live/melodyne/reason etc

Or you could download the latest version from the propellarheads site and see if that fixes any problems..

http://www.propellerheads.se/downloa...on=displaymain

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 06-09-2009, 12:55 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnoil View Post
The ReWire components I'm referring to are installed by the other ReWire capable applications (Melodyne, Reason, Live, etc.). To determine which components they install or which may need to be updated, you should consult the documentation for the particular application.

Pro Tools can't change or remove them, as they are not installed or maintained by Pro Tools.

The DigiReWire component in Pro Tools is what 'loads' those other components. It does a search for installed ReWire app components and attempts to load them via DigiReWire on launch. If it encounters a corrupted or outdated component, it may not be able to launch, which is what you're seeing here. Updating to the latest versions of all ReWire capable applications should fix the problem.
Old 06-09-2009, 12:57 PM

after 15 crashes today, working with PT8cs2 HD3 and structure,
i was very happy to see cs3 is released.
but...the "loop crash" issue is still there!!!
i will let you know later about the 'out of memory' issue,
but i think its also still there when i read this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
The 'out of memory' issue could be any number of things. When you close a session, is RAM being released? If not, it could be the consequence of an incompatible plug-in like Kontakt Player. Might that be the case? Are you using sample player VI's that load samples?
YES, a incompatible plug-in like structure!!!
i only use some drum samples, maby 5MB and i get 'out of memory'???
sorry for that,
but this happens "only" today 10 times + 5 times "loop crash"

Pro Tools HD 8.0cs3 for Mac OS X contains fixes in the following areas:

• you can now work with Pro Tools 8
Old 06-09-2009, 01:22 PM

Well this was a complete waste of time. First off after installing I get Pro Tools quiting before it even opens the session. Then after trashing all my prefs and digi setups, i get -9162 errors. After 10 restarts, I GIVE UP.
Going back to v.8cs2.
Man what is going on at digi these days. v.8 is highly unstable (by PT standards). I crash at least 3 times per day. The new GUI makes me work much harder to accomplish the same things I did in v.7. Now we get this version that won't even open, claiming to fix a slew of bugs that should have never been released in the first place.
My faith in the programmers at digi is really begining to be tested.

PTHD6
Intel MacPro 2.8ghz Quad Xeon / 6gigs ram/ PE6R4 Expansion Chassis w/Core,2 accel,3 process cards

Syn-g
www.bulletsage.com
Old 06-09-2009, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syn-g View Post
Well this was a complete waste of time. First off after installing I get Pro Tools quiting before it even opens the session. Then after trashing all my prefs and digi setups, i get -9162 errors. After 10 restarts, I GIVE UP.
Going back to v.8cs2.
Man what is going on at digi these days. v.8 is highly unstable (by PT standards). I crash at least 3 times per day. The new GUI makes me work much harder to accomplish the same things I did in v.7. Now we get this version that won't even open, claiming to fix a slew of bugs that should have never been released in the first place.
My faith in the programmers at digi is really begining to be tested.

PTHD6
Intel MacPro 2.8ghz Quad Xeon / 6gigs ram/ PE6R4 Expansion Chassis w/Core,2 accel,3 process cards
Hi,

Don't give up quite yet! we all run very complicated rigs these days with many installed components and not all of them from Digi. the answer to many problems is often simple.
If you don't have it already then get this free app, you can back-up/restore and trash all your prefs and database files...
http://duc.digidesign.com/showthread.php?t=190122

Rewire seems to be the common cause at the moment so check that first! but any third party plugin could cause this problem especially if you haven't got the latest version installed. double check they are all on the compatible list and up to date.

Could also be a corrupted download of cs3, try downloading it again and trash all prefs. repair permission. reboot and install the new download of cs3.

Hope you get it going.

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 06-09-2009, 02:29 PM

Chris,

Are you still having chassis issues? They're still here for me - but with new messages in the dialog boxes. Is Digi on a fishing expedition to see what's causing it?

peace

Rob Burrell
aka mixboy
Old 06-09-2009, 02:33 PM

In fact, it just crashed. About the 8th or 9th time since installing CS3 last night.

Now it actually labels the reason for the communication error as a "timeout error."

I just want my crap to work....

Rob Burrell
aka mixboy