Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS

Old 01-26-2020, 10:22 PM

Default Will Pro Tools 7.4 run on a 2015 Mac?

Me and my son were just hanging out in the studio after a mixing session and he noticed I had a license for Pro Tools 7.4 on my iLok. He immediately asked if it would run on my 2015 Mac. I am using an HDX rig and I told him that might be the issue since it would be pretty easy to get a copy of tiger and a much older Mac. Truthfully this seems to be quiet a bit of trouble but now it feels like some sort of quest to look at the old grey beast again. I hate when he does stuff like this but he is the baby and I pretty darn curious now.

So....what do I have to do to get this license on a box? Please no ******* answers. I'm pretty emotional when some dumbass figures out his moms password and decides to head to DUC.

I am sure some people might find this interesting. Or maybe not. Maybe I can give it away on our live FaceBook show ( pitchORditch music reviews pitchorditch.live ) as a semi gag prize. We do that quiet a bit and the visitor seem to really like it. Plus the more we do things like this the more funds come into our non-profit audio school. My wife just said I did a plug for the show. Sorry, its a habit.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Bob
Greatest Achievement: I killed a Chimporangapuss with a sharp stick. I am now KingCoochieTomTom!.....with a gooey sharp stick.
Old 01-27-2020, 03:13 AM

Default Re: Will Pro Tools 7.4 run on a 2015 Mac?

Tiger (PT 7.4) or Leopard (PT 7.4.2) required and as you guessed, old Mac needed
Old 01-27-2020, 09:03 AM

Thanks for the info.
So digging around in the storage I find a few 2012 MacMinis with 500gb SSDs in them. Thats the oldest machine I have. I suppose I could trade that for the IOS/Newest OLD machine I need. Monitor maybe?

so.....anyone interested?
Greatest Achievement: I killed a Chimporangapuss with a sharp stick. I am now KingCoochieTomTom!.....with a gooey sharp stick.
Old 01-27-2020, 09:08 AM

I have a PowerMac G4 that can run Tiger, it also has MIX3 cards in it. However I think shipping cost and customs are prohibitive
Old 01-27-2020, 09:19 AM

I think the shipping would be rough. I shipped an iMac just a few states up, about a week ago, and it was almost 100$. I did have that exact setup at one point. My wife decided to feed the trashcan. When it gets hungry it will only eat my stuff for some reason