Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-14-2024, 10:52 AM

Default Agh! Help me remove UAD plugins from PTHD

I've been through every how-to I can find. I've tried to DELETE the unwanted UAD plugs, I've tried to MOVE them to the Unused Plugin folder. I've used the PT Pref tool to trash my preferences. I've restarted.....

I still have 100 UAD plugins in my list that I cant use and don't want to see listed.

Anyone know the secret for getting rid of them all?

TIA
Old 04-14-2024, 11:59 AM

Default Re: Agh! Help me remove UAD plugins from PTHD

Is the info in your signature correct?

You either are not actually moving the .aaxplugin plugin files or maybe there is an issue with the new plugin cache (2023.12 and later).

What exactly are you doing to remove the plugin bundles, from what exact directory and are you checking they are gone afterwards?

If you have Pro Tools 10 remember there are two entirely seperate plugin directories. One for .aaxplugins and one for legacy plugins.

If the info in your .signature is incorrect: PTPrefs has not been updated yet to deal with the new plugin caching in 2023.12 and later. You need to manually delete the new plugin files:

/Users/Shared/Pro Tools/AAXPlugInCache/*
Old 04-14-2024, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Ogden View Post
If you're running PT10 or lower, it could be that it's picking up the RTAS versions of the plug-ins. If so, moving the .dpm versions from Library / Application Support / Digidesign / Plug-ins / Universal Audio should do it.
This is the solution! There's a second set of plugs in the DPM folder. Whew!

Last edited by soul; 04-14-2024 at 12:46 PM.
Old 04-14-2024, 12:50 PM

OK then the plugin cache guess is irrelevent.

As I said, there are two entirely seperate plugin folders in Pro Tools 10. You need to look at both.

/Library/Application Support/Avid/Audio/Plug-Ins (AAX)
/Library/Application Support/Digidesign/Plug-Ins (RTAS & TDM)

You need to get focused on the details and get specific about what you are doing I was hoping you would bother to give clear info of exactly what you are doing not just hand wave that you are following stuff you found online. So if still stuck, what *exactly* are you doing (drag and drop in the finder? what exact directories? or what exact shell command etc) and how are you checking the plugin bundles have been moved?
Old 04-14-2024, 01:04 PM

thanks for your help Darryl, you def mentioned the two folders. cheers!