Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2019

Old 03-22-2020, 05:46 PM

Default Re: Midi Piano Notes Randomly Not Sustaining

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayce View Post
Lots of stuff here:

ChuckS: Thanks. I'll make sure I have the latest manual and check that out.

JFreak: Good suspect, but in my case Midi Merge is off. Thanks, though.

amagras: A likely suspect... loop play/record are on most of the time in my situation. I'm hoping it's something else, though. Having to manually loop playback is going to be a PIA.

Jack/musicman691: You're right: I do have a fusion drive, after checking it out based on the link you gave. That might be the culprit on multiple issues, then. The external drive setup just seems like a violation of the rule of "shortest distance between two points," but I'll give it a shot here. Would an SSD be better than a physical disk drive, or should I just swap out my internal 2TB Fusion for a 2TB SSD?
Definitely swap out that Fusion drive for a real SSD. The ssd portion of a Fusion drive is small compared to the spinner portion.

QAPLA!
Old 03-24-2020, 03:30 PM

You may have doubled notes ( caused by key bounce on the controller ) To check look in velocity mode or the event list for the track. In the regular view the long note will cover a short note ( bounce ) which is quick after the main note. The release of the short duplicate will cut off the intended longer note. Sometimes easier to have this happen on the black keys. Worth checking.
Old 03-25-2020, 03:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayce View Post
amagras: A likely suspect... loop play/record are on most of the time in my situation. I'm hoping it's something else, though. Having to manually loop playback is going to be a PIA.
Did you try? Did it solved the problem? Turning on /off loop play and rec is easy, with keyboard focus active press numpad 4 and 5.
Old 03-25-2020, 04:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGuth View Post
You may have doubled notes ( caused by key bounce on the controller ) To check look in velocity mode or the event list for the track. In the regular view the long note will cover a short note ( bounce ) which is quick after the main note. The release of the short duplicate will cut off the intended longer note. Sometimes easier to have this happen on the black keys. Worth checking.
Along these lines of doubled notes is a loop in the MIDI stream if both MIDI in and out are connected to the computer. The scenario would like like this: music keyboard send out a MIDI note, PT receives it and spits it back out to the controller. One solution is to disconnect MIDI out from the computer to the keyboard and just run with a single cable going from MIDI out of the keyboard to computer. Or turn off 'local on' on the keyboard.

QAPLA!