Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > FireWire & USB Audio Interfaces (Mac)

Old 10-01-2013, 06:54 PM

Default 002 inputs mirrored on 002 adat outs?

Hello all,
I have quite a bit of outboard gear such as synths and fx processors. For obvious reasons my synths run into my mixer and my fx are usually just inserts on those channels due to lack of inputs for auxes or buses.
It recently occurred to me that my 002 is sitting with 4 open line inputs, and 8 open adat outputs.
I typically mix down to a recording inside of protools 9, if and when i do mix. so there is no need to send anything back to my mixer via adat except that i like to jam out and be able to mix and now id like to start using this gear as auxes instead of inserts.

So in a less complex form of a question:

Does protools mirror its line outputs to adat without having to open protools?

In a complex question:
can i Plug the output of the 002 output channel 1 into my quadraverb input and then send the quadraverb output to the 002 input number 1 and also expect it to come out of my adat channel 1 that is being sent back to my mixer via adat and mixable on another channel?

Thank you,
Clinton