Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-2007, 10:30 PM

Default PT all of the sudden thinks my iLok is password protected

Hi DUC'ers,
Upon trying to start ProTools today, i all of the sudden am not able to use my plugs because PT thinks my iLok is password protected. it asks me for a password upon starting up, and regardless of what I put in, it says that it's wrong and won't let me proceed. I have never used a password for my iLok, and this has never happened before either.

I had some problems with PT yesterday and trashed prefs, databases and a few other things. I'm wondering if maybe I threw away something i shouldn't have? Anyway, I sent a message to tech support at iLok.com, but am curious if anybody else has experienced this, and if so, if you were able to do anything about it...

I'm kind a' bummed

Thanks,
Andrew
Old 03-29-2007, 10:57 PM

Default Re: PT all of the sudden thinks my iLok is password protected

No such thing... can you give us a screen shot?

Rail
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Old 03-30-2007, 06:05 AM

Maybe you should reinstall the Pace files which are needed for iLok, probably available on the iLok website, or with any of the plugs which need them. iLok sucks.
Old 03-30-2007, 08:03 AM

Hi,
thanks for your replies... I reinstalled the Pultec and Smack! LE plugs, hoping this might restore the software that the iLok needs, but it didn't work... Here's a link to a screenshot of what I'm getting...

iLok screenshot
Old 03-30-2007, 08:15 AM

Hers a quote from iLoks FAQ:

What can I do when I've password protected my iLok, but have forgotten the password?

If iLok.com thinks your iLok is password protected, then it probably is. iLok.com will present a "14009" error when this is the case. It could be that you ran protected software that asked you to specify a password at some time in the past. For example in the Pro Audio field, some of McDSP's products are known to ask the user to specify an iLok password. Generally you will not be asked for the password unless you move your iLok to a new machine or if you add or remove software authorizations. As a result it's pretty easy to forget the password.

If you remember your iLok password (or if you think you can guess it), you can use one of the following techniques to reset or remove it:

1. If you are on a Macintosh, we have created a utility program that can be used to change or reset your iLok password. Click here to download the iLok Password Utility installer. Be sure to follow the instructions in the iLok Password Utility as it walks you through the process, in particular, enter the old password with no new password in the password management screen. This utility is not currently available on Windows.

2. Some protected applications, authorizer applications, or plug-ins have a hot key shortcut to bring up the password dialog. Just after you double click the product to open it on a Mac, hold down the [Command key]+ [p] + [i] at the same time. If you are on Windows, hold down Ctrl, Shift, and W. Entering the old password with no new password in the password management screen will disable the password feature.

If you cannot remember or reset your password, you will have to send the iLok to us as an RMA. To do this, start the RMA process here, and select "Forgotten iLok password" under step 1 when asked to indicate what happened to your iLok.