Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2014, 06:29 PM

Default Pro Tools 10 (Mac) Track Duplicate Bug

I'm going a little nuts here. I've ran Pro Tools for about 6 years now and there's always a little something going wrong to mess with my head.

I ran into an issue where when I duplicate tracks, Pro Tools automatically zooms in full screen on one of the track directly after it duplicates.

I don't recall when this started, but I also recall that this isn't supposed to happen like this.

Couple of things I've already tried:

-Used the PT trash prefs and database app, Started up PT completely clean and it didn't work

-Restored old, preferences that I made that are completely clean, but with my preferred settings and this didn't fix it

-Removed all plugins from plugin folders (both AAX and RTAS), as I've had issues where plugins can mess up the system, but this didn't work

-I've fiddled with the zoom buttons hoping maybe it was a corrupted setting that would be fixed with some toggling, silly me, this didn't work

The ONLY thing that makes it go away is if I change my preferred zoom toggle settings in the editing pane of the preferences (as shown in the video), but I hate that idea because I use focus mode in pro tools all the time and use 'E' to zoom in, and my preferred setting it to have PT fill up the entire selection as far as it can on the screen (Fit to Screen and Waveform/Notes), I don't want to have to change this behavior just because PT is acting up.

The only things I haven't done is:

Manually remove all preferences, like I used to in the good old days before the Database Trasher app thing, then check

Uninstall and Reinstall PT
-I'm not wanting to do this, because I don't want to do a clean uninstall, I'd only want to do a software uninstall that doesn't affect plugins. I already know plugins aren't the issue because I tested that by removing them out of the folders... so a normal uninstall that doesn't affect plugins should be fine.

Or upgrade to the newer versions of PT 10/11, which I should do, but I can't seem to find this bug anywhere else.. so I'm assuming the update won't address that, but I gotta check the paperwork and see exactly what the newest updates address just to be sure

I don't see it happening in PT 11, though the preferences aren't the same as I haven't gotten into using PT 11, so its not set up the same, but with the same zoom toggle settings as I have in 10, its not acting up.

Here's a screen capture video:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...te%20Issue.mov

PT 10.3.8
OS 10.8.4
2.5 GHz Intel Core i5
16 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

Thanks in advanced guys, this is REALLY driving me nuts. I'm pretty good at addressing the majority of PT issues, but this one has me boggled.
OS 10.8.4
Pro Tools 10/11
M-Audio Fast Track Ultra 8r
BX8A's

Tons of software, lots of good mics, tons of storage space
Old 09-08-2014, 03:42 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools 10 (Mac) Track Duplicate Bug

I can not repro that issue here. I'm on HD 10.3.9 and OS 10.8.5.

What if you set Track view to No change in the preferences? Would hitting Option+A make PT snap out of it?
Old 09-08-2014, 06:48 AM

yup, joe, same here;
on two systems- 10.3.7 on 10.7.4
as well as 10.3.7 on 10.7.5.

one of those things you grit your teeth, correct it, and move on.

not quite as annoying to me as when pt10 throws your "save as's"
into a completely random folder occasionally…
e
Old 09-08-2014, 11:51 PM

Somehow, the bug isn't there anymore. Not sure what happened. Maybe a combination of all I did. I didn't uninstall or manually delete preferences by hand. Weird, but I won't get my hopes up and I'll assume it'll be back. Sorry to hear others are dealing with it. It's annoying.
OS 10.8.4
Pro Tools 10/11
M-Audio Fast Track Ultra 8r
BX8A's

Tons of software, lots of good mics, tons of storage space