Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts

Old 07-10-2020, 12:36 AM

Default Waiting for response to support question - can anyone help? Ilok licence issue....

Hi - I did the cross-grade a few days ago from PT10 to the subscription. I know, finally.

However, the licence isn't showing on my Ilok. According to my Avid account page, the Ilok account is linked properly - has the same name, at any rate - and I'm using the Ilok that had the PT10 authorisation on it. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? Anything I can try, while I way for the delayed response from Avid?

I've got the latest version of Ilok manager - 5.2.1 - and am using mac os 10.14.5. I've also followed the advice found in this forum re: restarts, using different ports for the Ilok etc.

Thanks in advance - I have work waiting which is depending on this....

Lee
Old 07-10-2020, 06:22 AM

Default Re: Waiting for response to support question - can anyone help? Ilok licence issue...

Do you have a version 1 iLok? I think Pro Tools now requires version 2 or higher.
Old 07-10-2020, 07:21 AM

Default Re: Waiting for response to support question - can anyone help? Ilok licence issue...

I've got the 2nd gen ilok - the black one - so that should be ok?

Thanks for replying though. Happy to try anything at this point....short of learning Logic.
Old 07-10-2020, 08:02 AM

Hi, welcome to the community.

Yes the black iLok2 is compatible. Only those key-shaped original keys are not.
Old 07-10-2020, 08:43 AM

Hey Welcome to the Community

Have you checked the ilok account tab under ”available” licenses as the license doesn’t end up on the ilok key by itself and you have to put it there and do a sync/repair action to refresh the licenses on the ilok key.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 07-10-2020, 09:18 AM

Hi Christopher - thanks.

It's not showing up in the 'available' tab at all. It shows pro tools 7 thru 10, but nothing else.

Syching/repairing the ilok didn't help, nor did the subscription refresh - because, it says, 'there are no subscription licences in your account'.

Any other ideas?

Lee