How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-2017, 03:45 AM

Default Exact steps to using MC Mix with Quick Controls in Cubase

Hi all -

I've been on a mission to get my MC Mix and/or MC Control to generate continuous controller data in Cubase. From what I've read on the internetz, Cubase is the only DAW that will do this, and you do so by configuring some faders on the box as Quick Controls. Once that's done, you can then assign the quick controls to generate whatever CC you specify on a per-track basis.

Makes sense. However, when I go to the device setup Track Control, put it in Learn mode, select a quick control slot, and wiggle the fader to configure that slot to that fader, nothing happens. I don't see the MIDI data change in that window to reflect that it saw the fader. And the faders continue to function as volume faders, not Quick Control faders.

I'm running Cubase 8.5.30, on a Mac Pro tower running OS 10.11.x. I've established that the MC units have the latest firmware, and have installed the Eucon Driver 3.6.

Everything else is functioning normally - the MC Mix and Artist see the Cubase track names, they operate correctly as volume faders, and so forth.

I found a snippet online saying to hold down the EQ button until it blinks, and the faders will then be able to send CC data. I tried every permutation of this I could, and no joy.

If anyone out there reading this has successfully mapped their MC Mix or MC Artist faders to Quick Controls in Cubase, would you be so kind as to lay out the exact steps you took to make it work? The number of hours I've already burned trying to get my MC series to generate continuous controller data has been silly.

Many thanks in advance.
Old 06-19-2017, 11:06 AM

Default Re: Exact steps to using MC Mix with Quick Controls in Cubase

i don't think it's possible because the MC mix talks directly to eucon only in a proprietary way. there's no CC data