Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series

Old 01-15-2015, 10:35 AM

Default Confusing problem with Euphonix MC Mix (now Avid Artist Mix) PLEASE HELP

Hi all,
I hope this is in the right category, if not please move it or tell me where else to post it.
So I recently bought a new computer out of necessity that came with OSX Yosemite 10.10.1.
I installed the software no problem but I'm having a terrible time getting my computer (macbook retina mid '12 so it's connected via a USB 3.0 --> ethernet adapter) to recognize the MC MIX. It's really hit and miss. And even if it does, then getting Pro Tools 9 to recognize it is tricky again.

So my question is, does anyone know the order I should be plugging in the MC MIX, plugging in the usb-->ethernet adapter, turning on my laptop, and turning the MC MIX, and opening pro tools for it to work? When I turn on my computer, regardless or what's plugged in, the Avid software for it loads (EU Control) and asks me which network device I want to use and sometimes my adapter is in the list and sometimes it isn't, even if it's plugged in.

The euphonix is upgraded to the latest avid software.

Any help would be much appreciated!
Thanks,
Alex
Old 01-15-2015, 12:10 PM

Default Re: Confusing problem with Euphonix MC Mix (now Avid Artist Mix) PLEASE HELP

That ^^^^ and the fact that Eucon is not qualified for Yosemite yet and have issues on OSX 10.10 so wait until the new Eucon release as it will support OSX 10.10 going forward. The Eucon 3.2.1 only supports Mavericks right now

Christopher

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————