How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-03-2017, 11:41 PM

Default Unfortunately another license problem

Hi Jeffro,

unfortunately I´m experiencing another license problem, now with my second PT12 Native license.

I have bought and executed the renewal for my PT12 non-HD license on 26th May 2017 via activation code
(bought from Sweetwater) and everything seemed to be working fine as the new expiration date 2018-06-04
immediatley showed up in my Avid account. I thought that was it. No problems.

Today I went to check this second license and found out that there was no valid license in my iLok
account obviously. It just looks like Avid have not renewed it there or whatever?

Actually it should have worked anyway because I have an "Active" PT12 Native license from 2016-06-04
to 2017-06-04 but anyhow PT app as well as the Avid application manager did not see this valid license
on two of my iLoks (tried another iLok as well to exclude any iLok hardware issues).

Another strange thing, in the account page of my Avid application manager my PT12 non-HD is indicated
with the new expiration date as it is supposed to however when I downloaded and activated it on my iLok
today there was no second license indicated on the license page of my Avid application manager at all.
Means there should have been 2 licenses indicated, my PT12 HD and my PT12 Native but only HD showed up.

So there is something wrong with it actually although if I have bought and activated the renewal in time
for this still "Active" PT12 Native license.

By the way in my Avid account my PT12 Native license still is indicated as "Active", with the new 2018 expiration
date as mentioned already. It´s kinda confusing.

For this PT12 non-HD license I have no support plan because under normal circumstances I never would have
needed one, so I cannot open a support case to solve this problem on my own.

Please, help me out of this! I have done everything correctly to renew this second license but I´m stuck now.
Actually don´t know what to do?

Thanks in advance, VRW

Last edited by VRW; 06-04-2017 at 07:43 AM.
Old 06-04-2017, 09:11 AM
Avid

Default Re: Unfortunately another license problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by VRW View Post
Hi Jeffro,

unfortunately I´m experiencing another license problem, now with my second PT12 Native license.

I have bought and executed the renewal for my PT12 non-HD license on 26th May 2017 via activation code
(bought from Sweetwater) and everything seemed to be working fine as the new expiration date 2018-06-04
immediatley showed up in my Avid account. I thought that was it. No problems.

Today I went to check this second license and found out that there was no valid license in my iLok
account obviously. It just looks like Avid have not renewed it there or whatever?

Actually it should have worked anyway because I have an "Active" PT12 Native license from 2016-06-04
to 2017-06-04 but anyhow PT app as well as the Avid application manager did not see this valid license
on two of my iLoks (tried another iLok as well to exclude any iLok hardware issues).

Another strange thing, in the account page of my Avid application manager my PT12 non-HD is indicated
with the new expiration date as it is supposed to however when I downloaded and activated it on my iLok
today there was no second license indicated on the license page of my Avid application manager at all.
Means there should have been 2 licenses indicated, my PT12 HD and my PT12 Native but only HD showed up.

So there is something wrong with it actually although if I have bought and activated the renewal in time
for this still "Active" PT12 Native license.

By the way in my Avid account my PT12 Native license still is indicated as "Active", with the new 2018 expiration
date as mentioned already. It´s kinda confusing.

For this PT12 non-HD license I have no support plan because under normal circumstances I never would have
needed one, so I cannot open a support case to solve this problem on my own.

Please, help me out of this! I have done everything correctly to renew this second license but I´m stuck now.
Actually don´t know what to do?

Thanks in advance, VRW
Hi,

One of our licensing team will be in touch with you through phone or Email soon.

Thanks,
TD
Old 06-04-2017, 09:16 AM

Thank you!
Old 06-05-2017, 01:14 PM

A big thank you to Avid support. They have solved my license issue within 2 days
even if I did not have any support plan with this particular license. They were great.
Very much appreciated!

Thanks again, VRW

...even provided me a 14 days PT license until they had sorted it out. Thumbs up!