Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools SE and Essential (Win)

Old 01-30-2011, 02:21 PM

Default Flash player problem?

It used to work fine, but now it says i have to install the latest flash player version. Ive installed it but it still says install the latest version. Anybody know what to do?
Old 02-02-2011, 06:57 AM
Avid

Default Re: Flash player problem?

Hi muenst,

Where are you seeing this message?

Do you get the message both in the QuickStart and the built-in Learn About webpages?

Ben
Old 11-20-2011, 05:35 PM

Default Re: Flash player problem?

I found a solution that works. The problem is the result of poor programming and it disturbs me that Avid has not found the time or taken the responsibility to correct it or even address it in these forums. We the consumer have paid for a product that did not work out of the box. They do not appear to care.

I am a computer technical support agent and I can attest to the fact that no one cares whether your problem is solved or not.

I did the usual, uninstalled Pro-Tools SE, uninstalled Flash. reinstalled Flash , reinstalled Pro-Tools SE. Nothing worked.

So since this software did not acknowledge any Flash version higher that 9.0.124 . I searched for older Flash versions and found
http://www.oldapps.com/flash_player.php. I uninstalled Pro-tools and Flash and downloaded and installed 9.0.16.0.

I then re-installed the Pro-Tools-SE , it gave the same error but this time when I ungraded to Flash 11.1.102.55 it actually worked.

I hope this works for you.

This is an update. I wrote the above fix for Windows Vista machine. I have since built a Windows 7 machine and encountered the same problem. Pro-Tools SE would not install even though I had the latest Flash installed. I did the above procedure and it still works.

Last edited by trymybest; 10-20-2012 at 06:50 AM. Reason: error