Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2019, 04:20 PM

Default SOLVED PT 12 WIN10 - catalog on external usb drive not updating

Hi, I have my SFX library on an external usb and it is in PT as a catalog. I have this odd thing happening where PT isn't seeing the new files I've added to the drive yesterday. When I open up a second workspace and navigate via the volumes tab to the folder, it doesn't see any of the new files I've added. However - if I put the new files on any of my internal drives and navigate to them in the workspace, it sees them. I actually think it may be something related to the external drive rather than PT, but thought I'd just see if anyone else has had this and solved it? I've even deleted the catalog and created it again from scratch with the new files in the sfx folder, but it just doesn't include them.
Obviously I could just keep all my new sounds on an internal drive, but I take the usb with me when I work at other studios..
thanks

Last edited by Led; 05-03-2019 at 05:08 PM.
Old 05-03-2019, 05:10 PM

Default Re: SOLVED PT 12 WIN10 - catalog on external usb drive not updating

SO I worked it out and thought I'd leave it here in case someone else had the issue. You need to update the index of the external drive by right clicking on it in the workspace window and selecting 'update index'. Internal drives seem to update automatically, but with the external I need to update it manually, at least on my system.