Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)

Old 02-14-2007, 11:48 AM

Default Delta 1010 Monitor Mixer/Patchbay Router ??

Our gear: Delta 1010, M Powered PT 7.3, and Windows XP Home Edition. Recently, we went from using Cakewalk Sonar v. 4 software to M Powered Pro Tools. Prior to using Pro Tools, we were using the Monitor Mixer function of the Delta 1010 to send out recorded mix through Monitor Mixer H/W Out 1/2, AND, Monitor Mixer H/W Out S/PDIF. The H/W Out 1/2 went to our powered PA mixer, and the H/W Out S/PDIF went to our Roland digital monitors. Without getting into a lot of detail here, when we recorded with M Powered, 6 tracks of audio, each track with it's output set to stereo 1-2, we couldn't get the Monitor Mixer in Delta's control panel to play on either the H/W Out 1/2 or the H/W Out S/PDIF. Do the Monitor Mixer faders have any effect on producing sound when using Pro Tools M Powered software?

I noticed in the Getting Started manual for M Powered 7.3 on p. 19 "Configuring I/O Set Up", that "Pro Tools M-Powered BYPASSES the M-Audio mixer that is displayed in the M-Audio Control Panel. The interface’s hardware inputs and outputs show up directly in Pro Tools I/O Setup."

Is there something more I need to understand about M Powered Pro Tools and the Delta 1010 Monitor Mixer as far as being able to use the Monitor mixer functions of the H/W Out 1/2 and the H/W Out S/PDIF for monitoring purposes? All help appreciated! This is my first post.
Old 02-14-2007, 01:44 PM

Default Re: Delta 1010 Monitor Mixer/Patchbay Router ??

Unfortunatly you can't use(yet) the monitor mixer of delta 1010 in M-Powerd.
I use some time this in Cubase I have also Cubase and it works (like in your Cakewalk)
I don't know from the future what will happent to this subiect in Pro Tools M-Powered.
Old 02-14-2007, 05:26 PM

You could use one of the send slots in PT to route the output to your S/PDIF and still have the main output going to your PA mixer. Or the other way round.

Just hold down ALT key when selecting I think and it would change all channels at once.
Old 02-14-2007, 05:41 PM

Thanks here to Catalin and Chuckills!

I really appreciate the quick responses. First, thanks Catalin, for the information about not being able to use Monitor Mixer with M Powered. At least, now I know that I wasn't imagining this to be a problem. I'm curious how you found this out? Is there an article or document about it?

Secondly, thanks Chuckills, for the work around idea. I'll have to think it through a little, but it sure sounds like it will work.