Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems

Old 06-29-2016, 11:59 AM
Avid

Default VENUE | S6L Standalone Software

Get your hands dirty and play! VENUE Standalone for S6L is available! Open up some of your old show files, learn your way around the new software, and get ready for your S6L shows.

This standalone does NOT overwrite any previous standalone software you may have, so feel free to run this right next to any of the older versions to compare how your files transfer and build!

"While VENUE software requires a VENUE system to use, you can pre-program shows or edit show files offline using VENUE Standalone Software. VENUE Standalone Software Version 5.2 has been specifically developed for the VENUE | S6L live system, which not only enables you to program new VENUE show files for S6L, but you can also use it to reconfigure existing show files from older VENUE systems before transferring them to S6L.

The Standalone Software is a free download that runs on Windows-based computers, as well as Macs running Boot Camp or emulation software. The standalone software is also a great way for new users to get familiar with VENUE operation before laying a finger on the console. "

https://my.avid.com/products/venue-standalone

[email protected]
Old 06-29-2016, 01:12 PM

Default Re: VENUE | S6L Standalone Software

Yea!!
Old 06-29-2016, 04:02 PM

Keep in mind the Screen resolution of your monitor must be 1920 x 1080 or the standalone won't open. Other than that, it gets you used to the attention screen. Extremely useful and lots of fun to get around on.
Old 07-03-2016, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emluper View Post
Keep in mind the Screen resolution of your monitor must be 1920 x 1080 or the standalone won't open.
Is that "exactly 1920x1080" or "at least 1920x1080"?
Old 07-04-2016, 03:35 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielR View Post
Is that "exactly 1920x1080" or "at least 1920x1080"?
At least.
Old 07-04-2016, 07:53 AM

The only way I am going to get that kind of resolution just to play with this is to get a Display port to HDMI cable and hook up my computer to my 4k TV. Unless there is some way to trick the program into displaying on a 1366x768 screen. I understand it probably works best at the 1920x1080 resolution but doesn’t that exclude a lot of people from trying it out. I can’t think of any modern digital mixer that I have ever used for a show where I didn’t learn a lot about it first by playing with the off line software first. I may never use an S6L but I would like to learn as much as I can in case I ever get to use one. But I am not going to go out and buy a computer capable of 1920x1080 just to play with this software. And I would never recommend someone buy one without first playing with the software and then playing with the console.
Old 07-04-2016, 11:13 AM
Avid

VENUE 5.x software actually occupies whole these 1920x1080 pixels. This is the reason why it can't work on lower resolutions.
Old 07-06-2016, 08:57 AM
Avid

if you're using software for PC Emulation on an Apple, be sure to check off 'use full retina display resolution' this will set the screen resolution of the PC to roughly 3000 pixels wide, more than enough to run the standalone in a floating window.

[email protected]
Old 07-06-2016, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanJ View Post
if you're using software for PC Emulation on an Apple, be sure to check off 'use full retina display resolution' this will set the screen resolution of the PC to roughly 3000 pixels wide, more than enough to run the standalone in a floating window.
Do you know of any way to trick it on a Windows 7pro 64 PC with a screen resolution of 1366x768? I just talked to someone that has a Displayport to HDMI adapter that he got by mistake and he is going to lend it to me to try this out. My computer had a ++Displayport.
Old 07-06-2016, 10:34 AM
Avid

I think the best way is via an external display. Although the VENUE software does 'look' at the main display when it detects the dimensions, there is a workaround to have the software 'look' at the secondary display, but it's easier to just set the external as the 'main' display when playing with standalone, and it should default back to your main display when you unplug the secondary display anyway.

Enjoy!

[email protected]