Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2007, 09:09 PM

Default Re: The Tea Room..

Quote:
Thanks man we call the rabbit "pig" caus he is one basically... eats and eats and eats and eats... lol he's been around for close to 7 years now.

so while we're on the subject, lets see some shots of wherever you guys are from eh?
Hi Charlie,

Just got a chance to check out the new place...congrats brother...!!! Looks like a comfy home. I'm sure that you and Ruth will enjoy it. Well. are we still on for next Monday night?

dig,

def lime

How's Andrew doing?
Old 08-22-2007, 05:13 AM

Yo Kenny,

Thanks man, yep enjoying it a lot. just need to go get a case of G's and pull out my lawn chair now and sit on that patio. lol yep, still on for sure for Monday man. I'll give ya a buzz around Friday and see if we can finalize details. peace
Old 08-22-2007, 09:14 AM

Quote:
How's Andrew doing?
Well....
Meeting all deadlines, chopping, creating, teaching the students..thank you for asking.
Right now though.. enjoying a well deserved home cooked lunch >
Dig ?

Wish you guys all the best ..be talking again soon

andrew

W7 pro 64_i7 3930K_16GB_ Nuendo 6.5.4-7.1.3 / PT 12.4 ------Mac Mini OSX Lion_PT 10.xx
Allen&Heath GS R-24M_ full rack of vintage analog boxes _UAD2_Nugen_iZotope_Melda_Waves_Plugin Alliance_DMG and more
2.0 and 5.1 monitoring
Old 08-22-2007, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Right now though.. enjoying a well deserved home cooked lunch >
Dig ?

Wish you guys all the best ..be talking again soon

andrew
nice lunch my friend where are the veggies though? unfortunately I don't think G's, Steak, and hot peppers have the vitamin content. lol so where's the pics of your pad too btw? Aaron said he's working on his. hehe
Old 08-23-2007, 07:19 PM

Yo dudes, just checking in. here's my latest taken tonight on my front porch as a heavy storm was rolling in. be good now.
Old 08-24-2007, 09:04 AM

Hello there BM..(and all other lost and twisted folks who care to hang here.. )
Great shot ! Yep..the weather has been somewhat crazy lately. I blame extra terrestrials here
Quote:
nice lunch my friend where are the veggies though? unfortunately I don't think G's, Steak, and hot peppers have the vitamin content.
>> Well now my "munching down mac & cheese from cans in da cubicle" bro...
I believe in variety..today for example was an egg white omlette w/spinach & feta cheese.
And..that wasn't a steak...rather a never frozen, organic 1" thick porkchop ! Grilled and baked with balsamic, garlic, honey and sherry reduction
Working for myself ( beside all the risky financial calls)allows me to partake in my second favorite hobby..cooking from scratch everyday.
So...

Had a very strange experience this week ;
Hired a young dude to play some gtrz for us. OK feel, coachable and quite. Brought him up to the studio, set his gear up quickly and there we went tracking away. He had an SRV Strat and a Parker. Bunch of pedals and two Fender amps.
After the gig..he came up and very seriously started asking about studios in general, how to start up, becoming an engineer and so on...you know da spiel.
I felt really bad to tell him all the good and bad sides of it all, including the investment, dedication, experience and that long never ending frustrating road ahead.
He only has a Mac and something called the "Garage XXX"
If I was starting over...never ever would get into investing everything into a "studio".
But he's excited, eager and want to do it.

I'll keep you updated.
TTYL,
andrew

W7 pro 64_i7 3930K_16GB_ Nuendo 6.5.4-7.1.3 / PT 12.4 ------Mac Mini OSX Lion_PT 10.xx
Allen&Heath GS R-24M_ full rack of vintage analog boxes _UAD2_Nugen_iZotope_Melda_Waves_Plugin Alliance_DMG and more
2.0 and 5.1 monitoring
Old 08-24-2007, 11:07 AM

ahh.. ya want extra terestrials eh... check this one out which was shot in minutes of my other one. it'll certainly give you that ET feeling.. hoping the hurricanes and what not hold off for a few days down in FL. meeting up with Kenny on Monday and need some good weather out there.

as far as mac and cheese cans in a cubical... lol dude that is so stereotypical.. I normally take home made meals like chilli, veggies and chicken breast..etc for the main course, supplement with cliff bars, and salads and lots of water through out the day. rarely ever touch fast food or can stuff anymore as well... although my co-workers are your typical cubical eaters.. good thing to mix it up for sure though

interesting about the guitar player dude.. that would have been me a couple years back probably til the realization hits that hard work pays off better in other fields.. although I still love my creative fields just as much and make a buck or two every now and then from them, probably will never be investing that cool million into a studio like I thought I would some day a couple years back now..

anywho.. off to pack and catch a plane. later
Old 08-24-2007, 04:49 PM

Now, is your lad talking about undertaking Audio Engineering for a job or just setting up a home studio for songwriting?

Old 08-24-2007, 04:56 PM

Quote:
off to pack and catch a plane.
Keep your seat belt fastened, Charlie, you could be in for a rough ride (white-knuckle).

Enjoy.

filo
Old 08-25-2007, 07:13 AM

Quote:
is your lad talking about undertaking Audio Engineering for a job
Totally..that is his intention. He has that Apple software (GarageXXX ..whatever) already at home.
I brought him in to lay some guitars for me, and he turned out to be a solid player who easily follows instructions, gets decent sounds to start with.
He is only 25 years old or so..and was his very first time in a real studio. Caught the bug big time.
I'd like to steer him away from a likely disappointment, as I do witness many young kids going through it.
Anyhoo..recording him again today.
a

2.0 and 5.1 monitoring