Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12

Old 06-26-2017, 04:38 PM

Default Re: Is 12.8 a joke for non HD users? Shameful....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
Consolation for what ?? Vanilla users have got ALOT of features for a measly $99 a year so I am Not understanding what you are on about

It is EXTREMELY tiresome to read all the members who just compalain whatever you get. Nothing is enough and it is super lame and pointless to keep that attitude up. Go make music with that DAW you pay for every year and when features come they come.

Its just a bunch of complainers who want everything free and entitled to whatever you *feel* you want blaming Avid techs ... why not just feel good that you got loads of great features this past year. Whatever they came from (HD) and also you pay $99 a year. If you honestly feel that is too much for you and what you get then .. you know .. other DAW's are there for the taking.

I do promise many will be back pretty fast as no DAW maker out there are 100%

Have you read the readme with all the fixes and midi stuff ?? We have all gotten lots of fixes and clean-up in 12.8!

The people who are somewhat "entitled to be pissed" are HD users who pay $399 in the US and over 600 USD converted from SEK sweden and other rates and conversions. We have not got much the past years so saying vanilla users should get a $500 free heat license .. well I am Laughing Out Loud Today buddy!
Actually I think ALL OF US just want the stuff we've already paid for over and over to work. As Vanilla user myself I pay $25 PER MONTH not $99 per year. Maybe I'll take your advice...drop it for 6 months and then re-up for $99

www.LightWingStudios.com

Musical Instrument Protection Accessories...Made In America.

AxeShield HD, AmpShield HD, KeyShield HD, AxeSak, AxeGlove & AxeCap

Win 10 Pro, PT 2019.6 Native, Presonus Studio One 4.5, Dell Precision T5500, Dual Processors (12 Cores), 72GB RAM, 4@500GB SSD, 2@4TB HD, Nvidia 2GB HDMI Card, Vizio 39" TV as Monitor, Presonus AudioBox USB Interface, Mackie HR-828 Monitors, Katana Head, Fishman Triple Play, AIR Music & East West Plugins, 9 Guitars...& an AMAZING wife. :)
Old 06-26-2017, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by risey View Post
OMG I feel like I am banging my head on a wall "NO MATTER WHAT U GET U WILL COMPLAIN"? erm... I been with Pro Tools since version 7, I have bought into all versions as they became available, this is the FIRST TIME I have ever complained.
And lets talk about HD users, yes you are also been taken for a ride, I agree with totally, but that does not lessen my complaint in any way shape or form....

Peace and love...
Ryan
I have never seen you complain thats true and have read many of your posts and we have been cool and I will appoligize that I aimed my frustration at you in regards to vanilla users never satisfied so I hope you take the apology and we can all feel bad for not getting what we thought when we started paying

@Lightwing - I agree 100% with that statement

—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 06-26-2017, 04:41 PM

Quote:
I have never seen you complain thats true and have read many of your posts and we have been cool and I will appoligize that I aimed my frustration at you in regards to vanilla users never satisfied so Inhope you take the apology and we can all feel bad for not getting what we thought when we started paying
Thats fine man, I am not holding any grudges I respect the work u people do here, I just needed to vent, this one time....
Old 06-26-2017, 04:44 PM

Vanilla users have gotten Disk Caching, Input Monitoring, delay compensation, VCA mixing, multitrack beat detective, etc....

HD Users haven't gotten much for $300 MORE a year. Someone like me, who doesn't even need any surround features and uses HDN has basically gotten the option to buy HEAT.
Old 06-26-2017, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by risey View Post
Thats fine man, I am not holding any grudges I respect the work u people do here, I just needed to vent, this one time....
Thanks Ryan

I was just letting off steam and maybe directed that towards the wrong person and I am sorry for that. We all feel punk'd in some ways.

I would LOVE for PT to be ONE version and that way these opinions would be one large opinion and we would understand eachothers gripe much better but getting Avid to only have one PT version is probably a pipe dream.

—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 06-26-2017, 04:48 PM

$99 a year is nothing- $8.25 a month. I pay $10 a month for my Photoshop license and a bit less for MicrosSoft office. Neither of those two are bringing anything new to me. Slate is $15 a month which = $180 a year. They are however putting out a lot of new products.

Anyone can join the ACA and vote for the direction of PT. Avid is slating enhanced MIDI for this year and they cleaned up a lot of bugs with 12.8. I know - who wants to pay for bug fixes (but at least they are happening).

Some stuff takes time but for two lattes a month it doesn't seem that shameful to me. Understand the need to rant but best to not get too worked up about it.

They are trying and the ACA has given them some tough tasks across the board. Again, if you don't like it you should join the ACA (it's free) and have a say. Maybe you'll feel more in control that way.

C
PT 2018.7 HDX OMNI+HDX8x16 -Mac Pro 12 Cores 48 GB RAM OS 10.12.5 - API 16 channel - AMS Neve 16 channel, AMS-Neve-SSL-GML -Pres/Processing, Bock Audio, BLUE Bottle, Neumann, Josephson -Mics, Bogner, Kemper- Guitar, Chandler Zener-Curve Bender Outboard/Master. UAudio, Waves, Plugin Alliance etc.
Old 06-26-2017, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Lie View Post
$99 a year is nothing- $8.25 a month. I pay $10 a month for my Photoshop license and a bit less for MicrosSoft office. Neither of those two are bringing anything new to me. Slate is $15 a month which = $180 a year. They are however putting out a lot of new products.

Anyone can join the ACA and vote for the direction of PT. Avid is slating enhanced MIDI for this year and they cleaned up a lot of bugs with 12.8. I know - who wants to pay for bug fixes (but at least they are happening).

Some stuff takes time but for two lattes a month it doesn't seem that shameful to me. Understand the need to rant but best to not get too worked up about it.

They are trying and the ACA has given them some tough tasks across the board. Again, if you don't like it you should join the ACA (it's free) and have a say. Maybe you'll feel more in control that way.

C
I know this is off topic slightly, but I also edit photos, I moved on from Photoshop to Affinity photo, one time purchase man, its well worth a look, save some money...
Old 06-26-2017, 05:07 PM

Quote:
I have never seen you complain thats true and have read many of your posts and we have been cool and I will appoligize that I aimed my frustration at you in regards to vanilla users never satisfied so I hope you take the apology and we can all feel bad for not getting what we thought when we started paying

@Lightwing - I agree 100% with that statement
+100% :)

www.LightWingStudios.com

Musical Instrument Protection Accessories...Made In America.

AxeShield HD, AmpShield HD, KeyShield HD, AxeSak, AxeGlove & AxeCap

Win 10 Pro, PT 2019.6 Native, Presonus Studio One 4.5, Dell Precision T5500, Dual Processors (12 Cores), 72GB RAM, 4@500GB SSD, 2@4TB HD, Nvidia 2GB HDMI Card, Vizio 39" TV as Monitor, Presonus AudioBox USB Interface, Mackie HR-828 Monitors, Katana Head, Fishman Triple Play, AIR Music & East West Plugins, 9 Guitars...& an AMAZING wife. :)
Old 06-26-2017, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Lie View Post
Apples to oranges? Correct me if I'm wrong, but you don't own those other products; you can only rent them. If you already spent $600 on a license, $99/yr seems a bit much for updates. I think a fairer comparison would be Avid's monthly subscription @ 25/mo.
Old 06-26-2017, 05:23 PM

It will be never enough.
The dev team at Avid work hard to get this bugs and new features done, workable to put them in our workflows.

I clap for them, what a team!!!

Thank you!

And no I don't work for Avid but I work with them since version 4, they have some flaws, yes but Is there a perfect software company perfect?

Dialog Editor, Sound Designer, Re-Recording mixer

nMacPro 6Core/D500/512GB/64Gb ram | PT HD 12 HDN Thunderbolt | HD OMNI | Avid Artist Mix | Novation Impulse 25 | Waves Mercury Native | Audioease All In Bundle | SoundToys | McDSP Classic Pack | DUY Overpack | Arturia Beatstep Pro